Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So, the Mrs really want's one, when does the panel belive it will be available here?

I have heard quite a few dates quoted now. A couple of factors to take into account--- implementation of a RHD model----may depend on the initial uptake in the rest of "LHD " Europe----- with Germany taking precedence as you would expect. Expect initially some RHD demonstrators to drift through to Mercedes showrooms in September [ unless they use some LHD models for demo purposes due to consumer interest ??] leaving realistic order fulfilment towards the end of the year. Maybe I'm being overly pessimistic but seems a realistic time scale to me. :dk:

ps I did take the chance of having a glance through all the publicity shots which turned out of course to be all LHD-- as you would expect- no surprise really, but it does pose the question:- have they even built /tested a single RHD model yet??
As a matter of interest can anyone remember how long the LHD A class was out in Germany before it was available in RHD in the UK? As far as I know it came out in 97 in Germany and didn't reach the UK till 98 -however the issue was clouded by the infamous elk test incident.

Last edited:
grober,

My local M-B dealer says January before new A-Class is widely available. Ordering opens September with first deliveries before Christmas. As you say, it may change depending on European uptake.

I am very excited by this car, but will probably wait until the new factory (in Hungary) is fully up-to-speed with all initial scale-up gremlins out of the way before ordering one.

I also want to see what the AMG A25 is like although I suspect I'll go for the A250 Sport (minus red trim).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom