2012 C207 E350Cdi - Power Steering Fluid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGundam

Car
2012 C207 E350Cdi
Hello all,

I am currently doing a service on my car I picked up just over a week ago. I notice that there seems to be low powersteering fluid as it is not registering on the dipstick.

The few drives I have had in the car before putting on stands did not indicate any steering noise or strange vibrations etc, and I can not see any signs of a leak on the undertray. So bit of a mystery.

First question: Is it a non STAR job (DIY) to drain and refill the fluid? This guide looks good:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Second: I seem to be getting conflicting advice with regards to which fluid to use. Synthetic / non synthetic. Can anyone point me to the correct fluid to use for a) a top up or b) a complete drain and refill. So far I am thinking its MB345.0

Thanks

Last edited:
CHF11S is what you need. Don't worry about doing a fluid change, just top it up a little. You wont need much.

Its central hydraulic fluid .

Did the power steering fluid change today using the method in the video I linked to above with 2 Litres of Mannol 8990 that meets MB 345.0 / CHF 11S

yHyQmTV.jpg

Excuse the wobbly picture, had to quickly take one mid change and forgot to take one with the lovely new green fluid coming through. Can see how mucky the old stuff is though!
ICHACrR.jpg

One tip I would give is to have someone turn the wheel slowly as my wife was a little too quick behind the wheel and the funnel couldn't drain into the reservoir quick enough and air got into the system. Just needed lots of slow turns with continuous filling to purge it of air.

Excuse the thread bump, but driving round the block just now I noticed that the car was extremely growly. Checked the power steering reservoir and it’s empty!

Hopefully can get CHF from local motor factors tomorrow morning. How much do I top up, or just watch the dipstick?

Excuse the thread bump, but driving round the block just now I noticed that the car was extremely growly. Checked the power steering reservoir and it’s empty!

Hopefully can get CHF from local motor factors tomorrow morning. How much do I top up, or just watch the dipstick?
Bottom of the dipstick should be the cold level. So far up the dipstick is the hot level

Cool thanks. I’ll just pour and see. Gave me a right fright when it was growling today, initially thought it was gearbox meltdown!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom