2012 C207 Rear Discs and Pads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGundam

Car
2012 C207 E350Cdi
I’ll be honest I’m being a bit lazy here as I’m struggling to search tonight on my mobile so thought I’d fire a question to get me in right track.

looking to replace rear discs and pads whilst motor is on stands as wheels getting refurbished.

1) Do you need to do anything in icarsoft to fully disengage rear brakes for pad change?
2) Do the pistons wind back or just push?
3) Should I replace parking brake pads at same time? And if so is there any hidden steps to adjusting?
4) Was looking at genuine MB discs and pads for £126 unless any better know alternatives?
5) I assume if they come with the advertised white costing you just pop them on and not need to remove it?

thanks

1.no
2.push
3.if they look goosed,yes. If not maybe change the spring clips ,that hold them in, they rust away.
4. Upto you
5. ?

Brembo's for mine come out at £120 from ECP, there are cheaper versions available.
Have you done lots of miles?
Have the rear discs wore out ?

ECP have a sale on, not sure if it will last.

Brembo Brake Disc (Rear)
Brembo Brake Disc (Rear)

Product Code: 10422161A

£113.98
unit price £56.99

Brembo Brake Pad (Rear)
Brembo Brake Pad (Rear)

Product Code: 10122107A

£70.99
unit price £70.99 1

Subtotal: £184.97Discount (St Patricks Day - Up To 45% Off Car Parts): - £64.75Total (inc VAT): £120.22

5, if it’s the coating leave it on

Thanks everyone.

Fired up EPC when I got home and ordered:
2 x MB Brake discs with pads: (A0004231212) £126
1 x MB Rear Hand Brake Shoe Kit (A0044208620) £35.29

Not too painful at £161.29 for genuine MB. I am sure it is probably Brembo or similar anyway but saves faffing about. Fronts were done a couple of years back looking at history and rears look like will need soon anyway as have a bit of a lip on them so may as well get them sorted despite fair bit of pad left:

4Em047k.jpg

shE69k3.jpg

I worded my previous post wrongly with my fat fingers on my iPhone. I was referring to the white coating that the new MB ones seem to come with but as W1ghtly says I think I just leave it on and the pad will soon clear a path.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone.

Fired up EPC when I got home and ordered:
2 x MB Brake discs with pads: (A0004231212) £126
1 x MB Rear Han Brake Shoe Kit (A0044208620) £35.29

Not too painful at £161.29 for genuine MB. I am sure it is probably Brembo or similar anyway but saves faffing about. Fronts were done a couple of years back looking at history and rears look like will need soon anyway as have a bit of a lip on them so may as well get them sorted despite fair bit of pad left:

4Em047k.jpg

shE69k3.jpg

I worded my previous post wrongly with my fat fingers on my iPhone. I was referring to the white coating that the new MB ones seem to come with but as W1ghtly says I think I just leave it on and the pad will soon clear a path.
The coating apparently assists the pad bedding in process (so an Indy told me )

A lot of Merc original factor fit items appear to be TRW, Textar, Brembo and Akebono (not to be confused with their ceramic range).

There is a debate whether the Brembo you buy as Brembo from ECP is the same quality or different factory and quality that Brembo would make for Mercedes to sell as Mercedes parts, but we'll leave that for another thread (if you search the forum, there was a heated debate but with some good info on a Eurobrakes topic I think).

Can you take a photo of the assembly once the disc is off please, showing the location of the adjuster cog . Both sides. Cheers .

A lot of Merc original factor fit items appear to be TRW, Textar, Brembo and Akebono (not to be confused with their ceramic range).

There is a debate whether the Brembo you buy as Brembo from ECP is the same quality or different factory and quality that Brembo would make for Mercedes to sell as Mercedes parts, but we'll leave that for another thread (if you search the forum, there was a heated debate but with some good info on a Eurobrakes topic I think).

Who really knows

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom