2012 c220 alloy wheel upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dannyallen89

Car
mercedes c220 amg sport
Hey hope some1 can help or advise I'm looking to change my alloys soon I'm wanting the c63 19" will they be a straight swap? These are what I have on at the moment poor photos BTW thanks uploadfromtaptalk1464973240810.jpguploadfromtaptalk1464973272960.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

They should do yeah, go for replicas though as the OEM ones are prone to cracking. I'd suggest sticking to 18" size though. Also the 507 C63 alloys look heaps better than the standard 19" multispokes or the five spoke versions

They should do yeah, go for replicas though as the OEM ones are prone to cracking. I'd suggest sticking to 18" size though. Also the 507 C63 alloys look heaps better than the standard 19" multispokes or the five spoke versions
Thanks I will shop around

e63d9fd7e2fbe6ca2455746043d0d18d.jpg
dedaa0868aa23e04622956d1714a3a38.jpg
I managed to only find a few sets these are lovely looking wheels with me only having a 220 would my baby size brakes not took funny behind these?

Dannyallen89 said:
I managed to only find a few sets these are lovely looking wheels with me only having a 220 would my baby size brakes not took funny behind these? Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

That's a decent price, depends really I've only got the 7 spoke Amg diamond cuts at 18" but my brakes don't look too small, but with you having the C63 kit they'd probably look odd. Just paint the calipers red maybe?

Double check that 5x112 fitment before you buy, I'm 80% sure they're the same across al w204's but still make sure in case

That's a decent price, depends really I've only got the 7 spoke Amg diamond cuts at 18" but my brakes don't look too small, but with you having the C63 kit they'd probably look odd. Just paint the calipers red maybe?

Double check that 5x112 fitment before you buy, I'm 80% sure they're the same across al w204's but still make sure in case
Yea they are the same fitment thanks waiting on my carbon spoiler now get it fitted then alloys next I think cheers

I don't think mine has a kit on its just how I bought it. The exhaust system it has on now needs changed its a bit noisy just straight pipes welded on no mufflers back boxes
12512c3e1743bdfd0b5292f15d178817.jpg

Hi Danny,

just be careful on the width of the back rim, especially if you are going to lower/space it.
Max I was advised is 9J on the rears of my c220, otherwise your gonna run into problems.
Think genuine 63's might have the 9.5J rear.

Hi Danny,

just be careful on the width of the back rim, especially if you are going to lower/space it.
Max I was advised is 9J on the rears of my c220, otherwise your gonna run into problems.
Think genuine 63's might have the 9.5J rear.
Thanks for the advice I will watch out for that

Dannyallen89 said:
I don't think mine has a kit on its just how I bought it. The exhaust system it has on now needs changed its a bit noisy just straight pipes welded on no mufflers back boxes dde23 Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Ah I thought it had a kit on. Maybe switch from the double exhaust to a tidy single milltek exhaust? Will sound a lot nicer. Debadge would look good too, looks nice that car

Ah I thought it had a kit on. Maybe switch from the double exhaust to a tidy single milltek exhaust? Will sound a lot nicer. Debadge would look good too, looks nice that car
Yea I'm unsure I love the look of the quads I have seen a cobra 1 that looks good and cks with square tips also looks nice too. I have just changes the badges to gloss black but I'm debating just removing the amg badge all together uploadfromtaptalk1465063977346.jpg

Hey Ash,

Any links to that Single Quad exhaust!

Been toying with the idea, but being a Diesel I wasn't sure on the idea.

Thanks

Ronan1982 said:
Hey Ash, Any links to that Single Quad exhaust! Been toying with the idea, but being a Diesel I wasn't sure on the idea. Thanks
You mean a single double outlet? Lol I'll have a look now

Edit~

Can't find a 'single' exit exhaust mod, only the quad and that's with cobra sport

Reason I mentioned milltek as I had an A3 tdi which I installed a milltek and even for a diesel, it sounded sublime. But after looking they only do it for the c63

Armytrix do one for the c220 it sounds quite naughty with the valves open

Last edited:
My bad Ash,
Think I may have read your message wrong..

I am after pretty much what I have on the car, single oval exhast tip.
Wouldn't mind going to a Double exhaust, one side! but not a quad C63 exhaust, as I just don't want to make my car something its not.

but am struggling to find one that will sound a little bit better, some say remove the Muffler?

Thanks.. Sorry Danny btw

Ronan1982 said:
My bad Ash, Think I may have read your message wrong.. I am after pretty much what I have on the car, single oval exhast tip. Wouldn't mind going to a Double exhaust, one side! but not a quad C63 exhaust, as I just don't want to make my car something its not. but am struggling to find one that will sound a little bit better, some say remove the Muffler? Thanks.. Sorry Danny btw

Yeah I couldn't find one its weird, I'd of thought one manufacturer would offer a similar exhaust to what's already on the car, only beefier

Perhaps as you say maybe a modification of what's already on there may suffice. Give Acid or Ollie on here a message they will know better :)

My bad Ash,
Think I may have read your message wrong..

I am after pretty much what I have on the car, single oval exhast tip.
Wouldn't mind going to a Double exhaust, one side! but not a quad C63 exhaust, as I just don't want to make my car something its not.

but am struggling to find one that will sound a little bit better, some say remove the Muffler?

Thanks.. Sorry Danny btw
It's alright lol mine doesn't have the mufflers either side I feel it's too loud if this is any help I will look for the single I found 1 the other day if I can find it again I will post the link
Hey Ash,

Any links to that Single Quad exhaust!

Been toying with the idea, but being a Diesel I wasn't sure on the idea.

Thanks

You mean a single double outlet? Lol I'll have a look now

Edit~

Can't find a 'single' exit exhaust mod, only the quad and that's with cobra sport

Reason I mentioned milltek as I had an A3 tdi which I installed a milltek and even for a diesel, it sounded sublime. But after looking they only do it for the c63

Armytrix do one for the c220 it sounds quite naughty with the valves open

Hi Ash,

I recently bought my first MB and was emailed armytrix about supplying for a c220 and they said they don't do it, do you know anywhere that I can get in touch?

Hi Ash,

I recently bought my first MB and was emailed armytrix about supplying for a c220 and they said they don't do it, do you know anywhere that I can get in touch?

Diesel or petrol? I’d say armytrix is overkill for a 220, better off having a map and having custom changes to the exhaust although there’s not a great deal that can be done to the sound/performance on a 220

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom