2012 C220 (w204) Service B cost?

Discussion in 'Parts, Maintenance & Servicing' started by WantaMerc, Oct 22, 2016.

1. WantaMerc

WantaMerc Member

Car:
    BMW
    Hi guys

I have a 2012 C220 w204 with around 35k miles that has come up with a "Service B" message.

Just wondering how much this should cost from an official Mercedes dealer and if I can negotiate the price down?

I know someone who has a E63 which has come up for a service A would we get a discount if we both booked together?

Thanks.

2. Jonesy161

Jonesy161 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C class 220 bluefficiency
    You can go on the merc website to get an immediate service quotation, and/or nip into a trusted independent to save a fortune.

3. moonloops

moonloops MB Club Veteran

Car:
    W204 C350 CDI AMG Sport
    It's a mercedes dealership not Camden market :thumb:

4. Aletank

Aletank Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Ask them if can supply your own oil - saves a fortune ! ...... even if you buy the oil from the Mercedes parts desk

5. cws196

cws196 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    S204 C250 Estate AMG Sport Plus - 2013
    You may be surprised on what discounts MB main dealers will do-I always ask for a 10% discount on my value service and get it. All the service staff have their targets to meet every month, and they want ALL the business they can get.

1 person likes this.
  6. Chrishazle

Chrishazle Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2008 S204 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 1993 Porsche 968 Tip Cab.
    that's a 4 year service, so as far as MB are concerned, that includes air filter, fuel filter and brake fluid change, things that are "extras" not included in the basic service price. At a main dealer I suspect you'd not get much if any change from £500!!

As for oil, you can buy 20L of proper MB oil on Ebay for £55 delivered, if you let a main dealer supply the oil they'll charge something daft like £9/l - so the 7.5L for 1 oil change will cost more than the 20l jug!

7. supermonkeyman

supermonkeyman Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E250 coupe
    As others have said, try and bring your own oil but some won't use it and will insist they'll supply it so it's best to check if they're okay with that.

Also, as your car is now out of warranty, they should be more amenable to offering discounts. There's no harm in politely asking, I've had discounts for servicing and brakes.

Check what local independents are charging and use that as a bargaining point. It's unreasonable to expect them to match that price though as independents don't have the same overheads and don't offer roadside assistance etc

8. Dannyallen89

Dannyallen89 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    mercedes c220 amg sport
    Hi just had my 2012 c220 serviced main dealer wanted £690 for the work took it to staithes garage in Newcastle who I was recommended on here got the service and gear box oil change and rear pads done for £540 all in mercedes wouldn't give me any discount hope this helps

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

9. Taff814

Taff814 Active Member

Car:
    C220 CDI Coupe AMG Sport Auto
    Go to an Indie. Just had my B service done and it cost me £215 all in. The dealer wanted £556!!!!

10. sc3992

sc3992 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

You normally get what you pay for: £556.00 sounds more than just a service surely...........

11. Taff814

Taff814 Active Member

Car:
    Nope, that was for a basic B service. And I would have had to take the car to them. As it happens the owner of Merc-Pro has to pass my house to get to work so he picked it up and dropped it off after. And the same is happening when I get the gearbox done too. I have no ideas how the Merc-Pro price compares to other Indies but they compare favourably to the dealer.
    I will be giving them all my business in future.

12. Taff814

Taff814 Active Member

Car:
    If I was to get the dealer to collect my car etc then that £556 rises to £606!! Those prices are a quote directly off the Mercedes site.

13. pmcgsmurf

pmcgsmurf Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E55 AMG W211, E250 Sport W212, E220 Avant. W211 (and some Imps)
    Even then it gets interesting, just had an online quote of £257 each for 2 x A service on W212 E250.
    The A service consists of check,check,check with the only things changed being the oil & oil filter.

Dealer then increases price to £450 as they "require B service", additional item on B service is to change the cabin/pollen/combination filter as well as some additional checks most of which are covered under the MOT anyway.

Looks like I'm out now as I can't justify this and I'm quite unhappy that the online quote is so different to what the dealer has quoted.

14. Aletank

Aletank Hardcore MB Enthusiast

I think "check" is Mercedes way of saying "Looking For Additional Work"

15. ash59fifty-uk

ash59fifty-uk Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W204 C63, Ford Transit
    Just put it on a service plan

Now is as best opportunity as ever to start a 3-year plan, with it being a B service next

16. pmcgsmurf

Car:
    I did actually consider this, £840 over 2 years or £1260 over 3 years.

One car has done 1,000 miles since last service and the other 5,000 so kind of hard to justify.

Found today that the rubber seals on the panoramic roof are rotted so think may use the budget to fix these.

17. ash59fifty-uk

Car:
    W204 C63, Ford Transit
    Sealing and maintenance of those seals to the roofs are included in the service plan...

£1260 over two years

(If) starting with a B, that's x2 major services normally costing circa £550 each, then including a minor service too

Paint warranty, Roadside recovery and courtesy car included. Non inflatable price, discount on parts required on anything outside of the service if noticed during their thorough checks

£1260 seems reasonable

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  18. pmcgsmurf

Car:
    Wow, I assumed the damaged seals would be blamed on birds or some other obscure external element (rain & weather ;)).

It does sound like a decent deal if that's included.
    Can't find it listed under the Service Care T&C's though.

What about the MOT is that included too?

19. ash59fifty-uk

Car:
    W204 C63, Ford Transit
    Stuff like that should be covered under warranty?

I know the lubrication and check of panoramic seals is definitely in the service schedule

MOT's aren't included, or wear and tear like tyres, brakes, pipes etc

It is a pretty good deal to be honest, but more worthy when a B service is due :thumb:

20. pmcgsmurf

Car:
    2010 cars so both out of warranty which is why it's hard to justify.

The cleaning & lubrication of the roof is included in the service schedule but I've already read of lots of people with roof seal problems where its blamed on an external influence so doubt the dealer would replace these foc at 6 years.