2012 C250 Coupe Black Smoke Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NickCardiff

Car
Mercedes C Class Coupe C250
Hi all, first post so hoping you guys can help.

I've recently purchased this car and it has a full Mercedes service history and has been really well looked after. 114,000 miles

I've had it for 4 weeks and 2 weeks ago I had the car remapped from a well reviewed garage and I've noticed great gains with no issues. However, the engine management light came on yesterday and I noticed that whenever I floor it, black smoke comes out the exhaust. I can accelerate up to about 3/4 of the way down with no smoke, is only when the car is flat out. The performance is also perfect, just the smoke.

I took the car to the same garage today and he performed a diagnostic and it said that the exhaust temperature sensor has failed and needs changing. He also said the black smoke won't be anything to do with the sensor itself but it's probably effecting the DPF filter and regeneration as it can't gauge the current temperature etc and the smoke is due to the car overfuelling to compensate for this.

Does this sound right and if so, has anyone had a similar issue???

could be an issue with the map, I've read a few threads about remaps and smoke, i.e. too much fuelling etc.

I've had black smoke on my old run around golf which was due to a boost leak, but I doubt that's the issue.

You only give their interpretation of the fault code/s. Do you have the codes?

Hi does your car use adblue if so it could be your
adblue heater the pipe goes from the ablue tank
to the dpf

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom