2012 C250Cdi - noisy/slower than expected?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So no significant reduction in acceleration time, then, just in the way it feels? ISTR that was not your position in the last major thread on this subject?

"Conclusions The Sprint Booster is a simple amplifier that multiplies the accelerator pedal sensor signal, making the accelerator pedal more sensitive. It does not eliminate any significant delay in throttle response, nor does it greatly improve acceleration figures. It does not change the adaptive throttle control programming of electronic throttle control vehicles. It does change pedal “feel”. This change in feel is interpreted by some as improved throttle response, acceleration, and a change in adaptive throttle control programming. Considering what it actually does, it is expensive."

Says it all really, gimmick

Do tell...

Surely I can't be the only one to spot it , it's in plain sight and simple and I'll be tickled pink for the rest of the weekend if no one spots it , so please try hard .

So no significant reduction in acceleration time, then, just in the way it feels? ISTR that was not your position in the last major thread on this subject?

Screenshot_20220528-194200_YouTube.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

fb449f0b24644eb492b2ddb5fb1ebc23.jpg

BS. Tell us again about the Mini Cooper that took five seconds off the 0-60 time with one fitted? That was BS too.

If I said I thought you were full of it, the mods might object. If I just thought it, they wouldn't know. I'm not saying it...

I'm not here to BS , I'm too long in the tooth .
If something works I tell , if something doesn't work I tell .

Anyway there is a global overwhelming Tsunami of positive reviews inc videos and a 30 day money back if you no likie .

Screenshot_20220524-073437_Chrome.jpg

For me the delay / lag and the dull first quarter of throttle pedal response is transformed .

Plus there many more features including an extra layer of anti theft .

Screenshot_20220524-073910_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220524-074055_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220524-074040_Chrome.jpg

Stop at junction then pulling out or to join a busy roundabout is now how it used to be with the good old throttle cable days
1999-Mazda-MX-5-Miata-throttle-cable-and-throttle-body-1536x1152.jpg

Also there was this dull/ dead area of first quarter of pedal travel that didn't really do anything with small inputs , now banished , couldn't be happier .

If this product gets a vehicle moving faster and it won't all vehicles ( and for a good reason ) then on the one's that do , you will get the ..... earlier .

2020-06-10 06.52.49.png

One's that don't .

See I'm presenting fairly both sides and there's a reason why there isn't a positive early rpm response result in the video above unlike the image above it.

Still all dating back to the Richard Bipes white paper that someone has yet to spot the flaw.

If getting stuck I'll reveal a clue .

And, of course, the makers have purely a disinterested, unbiased approach to promoting their device...

The internet is full of BS ads, with millions of BS reviews, for all sorts of BS devices and Snake Oils. Halve youe electricity bills? Reduce your fuel consumption by 30%? Not sold in stores because the big companies have banned it, so only we can sell it? Increase the lenght of your penis by 2-3 inches? Not a problem, apparently...:rolleyes:

That throttle bosters can improve throttle response and meke a car feel faster I do not dispute; that it is faster I do.

Never mind clues; assume we're all thick (though not thick enough to believe the BS, perhaps). You're the one defending the position, so reveal the answer, do, otherwise some might think you don't have one.

Of course I do , and I do admit to being entertained by no one else so far not seeing it .

Did you want the clue ?

Hmmmnm , all BS......

Screenshot_20220529-073921_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220523-065000_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220113-093903_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20211214-203023_Chrome.jpg

I'm not here to BS , I'm too long in the tooth .
If something works I tell , if something doesn't work I tell .

Anyway there is a global overwhelming Tsunami of positive reviews inc videos and a 30 day money back if you no likie .

View attachment 127924

For me the delay / lag and the dull first quarter of throttle pedal response is transformed .

Plus there many more features including an extra layer of anti theft .

View attachment 127927
View attachment 127925View attachment 127926

Stop at junction then pulling out or to join a busy roundabout is now how it used to be with the good old throttle cable days
View attachment 127922

Also there was this dull/ dead area of first quarter of pedal travel that didn't really do anything with small inputs , now banished , couldn't be happier .

If this product gets a vehicle moving faster and it won't all vehicles ( and for a good reason ) then on the one's that do , you will get the ..... earlier .

View attachment 127923

One's that don't .

See I'm presenting fairly both sides and there's a reason why there isn't a positive early rpm response result in the video above unlike the image above it.

Still all dating back to the Richard Bipes white paper that someone has yet to spot the flaw.

If getting stuck I'll reveal a clue .

Of course I do , and I do admit to being entertained by no one else so far not seeing it .

Did you want the clue ?

Hmmmnm , all BS......

View attachment 127932View attachment 127933View attachment 127934View attachment 127935

TL;DR

What a funny thread....im guessing most of those that like it own one....and those that don't.........ermm.......dont. It cant make the engine produce more power (it does not even claim to) and since you would need more power to accelerate faster than it wont! It makes it feel faster in the same way pushing your foot down further does and it produces a difference, non linear action to the throttle...at least compared to the factory throttle...which is also tuned so you are not so jerky in the lower gears. The booster only connects into the throttle system....so it cant do anything else or affect anything else.....end off.

Never end of , we have multiple timed run videos of different manufacturers and dyno proof too .

What's happening here my ostrich friend ?

2020-06-10 06.52.49.png

Never end of , we have multiple timed run videos of different manufacturers and dyno proof too .

What's happening here my ostrich friend ?

View attachment 127956
A pedal box does not give you any more bhp just a sharper throttle.

You openly criticise generic / non dyno remaps but have praise for a pedal box adding more bhp

I would suspect those runs aren't at WOT.

At WOT there is zero difference between stock and running a pedal box.

I do feel my mercedes is too harsh gearbox wise in Sport mode however in Comfort mode the throttle is not responsive enough.

I would like Sport throttle with comfort gearbox but that isn't doable. So i would consider a pedal box for a sharper throttle in comfort mode. Not for anything else.

They have their uses but bhp is not one

1. You have too much time on your hands. Delete all the quotes that say it improves throttle response, which is not the issue, and you won't have many left. Regarding acceleration improvement

2. Where's the test result from an independent, unbiased, objective organisation or authority? (Good luck finding one...)

3. Snake Oil works on the gullible. If people have spent good money on something, they are conditioned to believe it does what it is claimed to do. As I have said many times, I have no doubt it improves throttle response, but not, crucially, acceleration to any significant degree.

4. No, I don't want a clue; I want you to tell us where the flaw is. No BS; you're the one claiming there is one, so put up or shut up, do.

Which brings us to

5. You have too much time on your hands...

A pedal box does not give you any more bhp just a sharper throttle.

You openly criticise generic / non dyno remaps but have praise for a pedal box adding more bhp

I would suspect those runs aren't at WOT.

At WOT there is zero difference between stock and running a pedal box.

I do feel my mercedes is too harsh gearbox wise in Sport mode however in Comfort mode the throttle is not responsive enough.

I would like Sport throttle with comfort gearbox but that isn't doable. So i would consider a pedal box for a sharper throttle in comfort mode. Not for anything else.

They have their uses but bhp is not one

That's exactly what you should get , a Sport throttle in Comfort and my preference too .

Like you say pedal box , throttle controller doesn't give you anymore bhp , so I'm not sure why I've said that I have praise for a pedal box adding more bhp , when it doesn't.

I feel cheated someone hasn't worked it out yet when I'm presenting the evidence , it's right there in the Dickie Bipes white paper and video of a pick up on a dyno with no improvement , I think EBOFF is really confused .

When it does work.....!

It can be seen

2020-06-10 06.52.49.png

This is a device giving you ..... earlier ( black line )

Another comment elsewhere .

Screenshot_20211003-235126_Chrome.jpg

I can see I'm going to give the big clue , we'll giveaway really , the flaw in the Dickie Bipes white paper .

Screenshot_20220529-072829_Drive.jpg

Last edited:
That's exactly what you should get , a Sport throttle in Comfort and my preference too .
Like you say pedal box , throttle controller doesn't give you anymore bhp , so I'm not sure why I've said that I have praise for a pedal box adding more bhp , when it doesn't.
Which is exactly my point, and has been all along. It does not give a significant improvement in acceleration, but it makes the car feel faster.
I think EBOFF is really confused .
Who?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom