2012 C63 Idle knock

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

xfon123

Car
C63
My new to me 2012 c63 vibrates at idle (nothing ridiculously unusual) but every few seconds or so it also will have a bigger shake that you can really feel, i'd like to say a knock, but it's not really audible, you can only feel it. Mainly felt through brake pedal and drivers floor and if you put hands on engine.

I've only bought this car recently so wondering is this is normal? I've seen a few other forum posts about similar issues but no solution. MAybe look at coils, plug gaps?

Any ideas?

Thanks

V8s never idle smoothly, there will always be a slight warble on tickover, is the rev range smooth when gradually accelerating? Dodgy plug, engine mount?

Private sale so no dealer come back unfortunately. Isn't bad enough to put me off the car.

Pull very smoothly through the revs. Plugs replaced in service B in Jan by dealer. Like you say maybe I'm just not used to the magnitude of the engine!

have you checked tyres? if its felt through pedal?

my wheels and steering shuddered and i found out the inner sidewall of my tyres were goosed.

Have checked tyres thanks and they are fine. Is mainly felt at idle when in drive and foot on brake

Mine does this as did two others I looked at. Seems to be a characteristic of the C63.

Get the spark plug gap checked.....happened to me when the plugs were changed and 1 plug had a gap that was slightly out

Thanks for all your suggestions. Booked in to my local independent next week so will see how that goes.

V8 burble tickover, sounds normal. If it's a knock then that's not normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom