2012 C63 - Obsidian Black

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tp81

Car
G350d
I have already posted pictures of my car on the forum from an original thread when I was searching for my car. I thought it more appropriate to start a new thread which I can update as my ownership journey evolves. Loving the car so far despite not having been able to really get a proper feel for it. Wet roads and current restrictions don't exactly open up any great driving opportunities.

50870237637_d9c1e6281f_b.jpg

50869325098_0a924573ee_b.jpg

50882164066_b08719471b_b.jpg

50866151651_14074e9722_b.jpg

So far the car has been machine polished and ceramic coated. There were only some minor stone chips which I have touched up. Winter tyres on and new wheel nuts all round along with new lock nuts. The car had spacers on so these are off....and new wipers. It is also on H & R sport springs fitted by the previous owner.

Car is now booked in for alignment check and set up. I always get my cars set up correctly, really do find a benefit is knowing things are set as they should be. Also with the car being new to me I have no idea how the steering should feel. My initial impressions are the car is quite light on the front end. Is this how they feel? I would like to dial some of this out or at least check things and then make a decision.

Beautiful car. Keep off the salt. Alignment and tyre check should set you up. Get factory settings then put many miles on before you start twiddling.

Dropped my car in last week with the garage I use for alignment. Pretty much transformed the way the steering feels. The car is new to me but I felt the steering was too light and almost flighty. Settings on the toe of the car were miles out. Feels so much better, much more neutral and stable, feels like it wants to centre itself and gives much more confidence. Delighted, just looking forward to the snow lifting and having a proper drive.

50938036723_6b0afaf9f7_h.jpg

Quick question. My car has K & W sports springs, ride height looks great. These were installed before my previous owner. Having never driven a C63 I am surprised but the slightly bumpy ride. Assume this is down to the springs?

is the ride usually supple / compliant or does the C63 feel tight as std?

Tom

Dropped my car in last week with the garage I use for alignment. Pretty much transformed the way the steering feels. The car is new to me but I felt the steering was too light and almost flighty. Settings on the toe of the car were miles out. Feels so much better, much more neutral and stable, feels like it wants to centre itself and gives much more confidence. Delighted, just looking forward to the snow lifting and having a proper drive.

50938036723_6b0afaf9f7_h.jpg
The print out suggests the car is a 2007 CLK. Are the settings the same?

I have already posted pictures of my car on the forum from an original thread when I was searching for my car. I thought it more appropriate to start a new thread which I can update as my ownership journey evolves. Loving the car so far despite not having been able to really get a proper feel for it. Wet roads and current restrictions don't exactly open up any great driving opportunities.

50870237637_d9c1e6281f_b.jpg

50869325098_0a924573ee_b.jpg

50882164066_b08719471b_b.jpg

50866151651_14074e9722_b.jpg

So far the car has been machine polished and ceramic coated. There were only some minor stone chips which I have touched up. Winter tyres on and new wheel nuts all round along with new lock nuts. The car had spacers on so these are off....and new wipers. It is also on H & R sport springs fitted by the previous owner.

Car is now booked in for alignment check and set up. I always get my cars set up correctly, really do find a benefit is knowing things are set as they should be. Also with the car being new to me I have no idea how the steering should feel. My initial impressions are the car is quite light on the front end. Is this how they feel? I would like to dial some of this out or at least check things and then make a decision.
That’s a very handsome car, and the suspension drop is perfect 👌🏻

Thanks. Still keen to know if the general suspension is firm and compliant or bouncy.

Can you explain your final geo read out. Still a lot of things on red zone. Especially the left side

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom