2012 C63 P30 vs 2012 C63 Stock - Noise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GazzyFizzle

Car
None
Hi All,

Anyone got any experience of the sound differences between these?

2012 C63 P30
2012 C63 Stock

I bought my stock car last year, from a Mercedes main dealer.

My friend has just bought the 2012 P30 car, and it sounds very different from mine.

Mine is perhaps deeper/more bassy, his is perhaps a bit more raspy and less deep.

Does anyone know just how different they should sound? One observation is that his tailpipes stick out quite a bit further from the bumper, than mine do, so there's a chance his might have been fettled.

Thanks,
Gary

There should technically be no sound difference between P30 and non-P30 as far as I'm aware. Maybe your "stock" car isn't stock - possibly had its secondary cats gutted?

HHamster said:
There should technically be no sound difference between P30 and non-P30 as far as I'm aware. Maybe your "stock" car isn't stock - possibly had its secondary cats gutted?

There should be no difference in the exhaust, although it will have a little more induction roar at higher revs, due to the intake flaps being restricted on the stock car. There will be less of a restriction on the P30 car.

I had a Fi exhaust fitted, the tail pipes on this stuck out more so it could have something like this fitted? Another popular mod is to gut the secondary cats, this gives a deeper bark than the standard car.

Yeah we had a peek underneath on the drive, though it was hard to tell.

I would say his P30 car sounds 'louder' inside the car, where-as mine sounds deeper and bassier, but not as 'loud' inside the car. If that makes sense?

Neither of them sounds bad, they just sound different.

Have they done similar mileage? Apparently they can get louder with a more miles on the clock.

Mine has done 18k, i think his is 21/22k. So not drastically different.

Just a bit puzzled by it!

I think I need to hear a car with gutted secondary cats to compare.

A remap can make a car louder. My first C55 was bone stock when I had it, then I had it remapped and exhaust work done. Current one has stock exhaust, but has been remapped, and its louder than the silver one was stock, for sure. Not a massive difference, just noticeable when you put ya foot down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom