2012 CLS Help Pls

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

freaknice

Car
CLS 250cdi
Hi everyone, just a quick question, I have taken delivery of a 2012 CLS, but I have a slight problem. Once my car goes into reverse, I don't know how to make Drivers door mirror dim automatically. I think the interior mirror is meant to dim aswellm but i cant' make it happen.

Would anyone know how to fix this, it is bugging me!

thanks

O

In my previous E class couple, when I activated the Reverse Gear the drivers door mirror slightly dimmed, so I could see the kerb. But I can't do it with the CLS.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Auto-dimming is cancelled on selecting reverse. You have to see where you're going!!

I think you actually mean dipping? As in to see the kerb and rear wheel? This is only available for the passenger door mirror. Make sure you have the mirror selector switch set for the passenger mirror or it won't move.

I think you mean the mirror dips down to allow you to see the kerb. This function, like on the previous CLS is activated from the menu. See the owner's manual, best way. :)

Edit: Sorry whitenemesis - you beat me by a few seconds! :D

Sorry, That is what i meant, the dipping of the mirror. Is it not available on the drivers side? So once R is engaged, should i press the passenger side mirror button then? thanks

I'll give this a try, thanks for that. I am not sure whether it is a standard feature on the CLS. Guess we'll see. Thanks

If you have memory seats it will be!

Do you need the memory package for this feature to work?

Thanks

Yes, if no memory how can the mirror know where to move to?

You really need to take some time to read the owner's handbook, it's all in there! ;)

Hi, Like previous post above, this feature I beieve is only available with memory i.e. electric seats. Reset mirror to chosen position after reversing, set it to memory (1) ? Move forward, select revese mirror shoild move to selected dipped position.

I have to do mine manually .... Slightly disappointing as I miss it .... Just didn't want to have memory seats as I know from past experience they don't get used in my car. I am the only driver ;)

I miss it too. This is the first car I've had for ages which hasn't dipped the mirror automatically even on cars without memory seats.

I have read that some models without memory package can have the dip on reverse programmed in using STAR. I don't know the criteria for success but it may be worth asking the dealer (I did read it in an MB doc) or perhaps an indie with good STAR knowledge?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom