2012 E63 air filter, pollen filter, brake pads aftermarket PN info.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kris837

Car
W212 E63 AMG
Just a bit of info for anyone who's interested.

I recently changed the Airfilters and pollen filter on my 2012 E63.

The Mercedes air filter fitted had quite a few PN's on it, it turned out one of them was a MANN PN...

Mercedes wanted £67 for a pair of these filters, I bought a pair from Eurocar parts for £28.

The Pollen filter was a similar story, after a bit of digging on the net, it turned out the MB PN cross reference was close enough to the MANN PN to give it a try... the (Eurocarparts) MANN filter fitted perfectly, it even had a foam seal around the edge of it that the MB one didn't, so it should be a little more air tight now.

The reason why I looked into this? The MB interval for the air filter change is 20,000 miles, mine had done 10k since they were changed by MB, they were filthy! so either they didn't change them, or the previous owner was driving some seriously dusty roads. The pollen filter, had also be replaced (by Basingstoke MB) 500 miles previous, it was also in a very dirty condition, was it changed........?

Also, after a lot of internet searches using the various part numbers stamped on the original MB brake pads, I also managed to source a set of non MB, standard compound, front Brake pads for the car as well... the braking is equally as good, if not better, with very little dusting... at half the price of MB ones...

So, I've replaced these as an 'interim' measure, I'll monitor what happens at the MB service in January.

I can supply the part numbers if anyone is interested.

Hope that's of some assistance... for info only... as a caveat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom