2012 E63 wagon poor DAB/FM reception...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonboyE63

Car
2012 E63 Wagon
Evening all...

I've had my E63 for nearly two years & poor DAB/FM reception is driving me to the point of trading up to newer model...this i don't really want to do but i've taken to blue-toothing Radio 6 via my phone to the car to get a better signal....even my old Clio 172 has better reception than my Mercedes....
Is there anything i can do/add like a signal booster to improve the reception or am I stuck with it....??
Any help/advise/pointers would be greatly welcomed.

Thanks in advance..

Speak to COMAND in Lightwater, they’re forum sponsors and will know more about this sort of issue than anyone else I can think of. There could be a system update that may help with this.

I think I know what you mean; the DAB on my 2011 212 E63 was okay but the signal/dropping stations was never as good as other modern cars I’ve driven. Don’t think it’s as bad as that on my 2013 GL, but I haven’t used the DAB radio loads to be fair - usually have kids stuff playing for the rear screens instead! ;)

Speak to COMAND in Lightwater, they’re forum sponsors and will know more about this sort of issue than anyone else I can think of. There could be a system update that may help with this.

I think I know what you mean; the DAB on my 2011 212 E63 was okay but the signal/dropping stations was never as good as other modern cars I’ve driven. Don’t think it’s as bad as ..??that on my 2013 GL, but I haven’t used the DAB radio loads to be fair - usually have kids stuff playing for the rear screens instead! ;)

Thanks will....i'll do that...
Do you still have that fine looking 996 tucked away??

I’m 99% sure a software update resolves this.

If you are due a service soon you could ask them to update during the service, I had success with that recently and the update was carried out FOC for DAB and TCU.

Fixed the DAB and shifts are much smoother too!

Software update should be included with services as they’re not needing manual work and effort just plug in and go. That’s what they told me and why they did it FOC

Evening all...

I've had my E63 for nearly two years & poor DAB/FM reception is driving me to the point of trading up to newer model...this i don't really want to do but i've taken to blue-toothing Radio 6 via my phone to the car to get a better signal....even my old Clio 172 has better reception than my Mercedes....
Is there anything i can do/add like a signal booster to improve the reception or am I stuck with it....??
Any help/advise/pointers would be greatly welcomed.

Thanks in advance..

Defo agree on the software update. I had exactly the same issue on my 2012 E63 and the DAB software update fixed it.

Software update will rectify, had my 204 63 done years ago.

Thanks chaps - all booked in for Monday - DAB & gearbox and any other updates it needs..
Thank the lord for forums..:cool:

quick update - software updated & the DAB is better - still not 100% but i do live in rural Dorset so not that surprised.
The gearbox/engine update however is fantastic - the box is smoother in comfort & really bangs through the gears in sports & sports + so i'm well happy...
I think the exhaust sounds better as well but that might be my imagination....:rolleyes:

Did they do it FOC or charge you?

If they charged how much? It’s a sham they charge especially if the car is in with them anyway for service / repair.

Did they do it FOC or charge you?

If they charged how much? It’s a sham they charge especially if the car is in with them anyway for service / repair.

Hi there, was an hours labour - car had been in a few weeks before for a service - i expect it would have been foc had i mentioned it when the service was booked - to be honest i wasn't even aware of software updates until i posted on the forum....so i'm not the annoyed..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom