2012 M-Class Offically Unveiled

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
First M I actually like....Tempting.....

No 7 seaters again then? Shame as it was a big hit in the first gen..

I read on the internet that the third row option may become available towards the end of 2012.

I am not too sure how accurate the information was though.

It does look a bit bloated in its side profile, also the clock on the cluster display and sat nav read different times, a sign of electrical problems ;) ?

clearly the "revolutionary" design didnt catch your attention then lol how the hell did you spot that lol

Why did they pick that interior colour for the press photos?, it looks horrible!.
If I were going to be buying a new 4x4 next year it wouldn't be the ML.

suppose it's something different that we haven't seen before....i quite like it. That said it's not something i would buy.

Leaning more towards the Land Rover Evoque.

No, don't like the new ML anymore. Wonder what to get instead next year when the lease is up? Perhaps the new Saab 9-4x for the same price but much higher spec.

http://www.kewego.com/video/iLyROoafzD3Z.html

Last edited:
The new proper Range Rover is out at the end of next year, if they build on the formula of the current one I can see that being a huge hit.

After seeing the proper pics above I have gone right off this, think the current one looks far better, just chunkier all round and better proportioned.
The front end on this looks too thin.

If I were looking for an ML I would grab a deal on a facelift W164 I think.

I didn't like the shape of the present ML when it came out- a bit too much "in your face" for my taste-- but the car had definite street presence. I'm struggling to come up with an adjective for the new one. Beautifully crafted as it undoubtedly is, all I can up with is-------- " BLAND" :eek:

Disappointing

Perhaps someone can tell me why Mercedes do not make the ML 4-wheel drive 'on demand' ie switchable between 2 wheel and 4 wheel drive. It would improve fuel consumption greatly. A 2.1 liter engine in a ML is a joke.

My guess would be that because the brake mediated 4wd system is designed as an integral part of the braking and stability control systems the Mercedes engineers feel it would decrease the cars handling to an unacceptable level. What might be OK for some manufacturers would reduce chassis predictability/stability too much for safety conscious MB engineers. :dk:

After seeing the proper pics above I have gone right off this, think the current one looks far better, just chunkier all round and better proportioned.
The front end on this looks too thin.

If I were looking for an ML I would grab a deal on a facelift W164 I think.

I think I could be right with you on this. I posted earlier that the exterior changes look like change for change's sake. I could be tempted to go for a W164 again - and save a packet - but then again you wouldn't get the new technology/greener elements/economy etc. Need to sleep on it!!:dk:

I'm sure it's going to be a really good car, it's just that brown interior has ruined it in the press pics for me.

I very much like it.

I would definitely choose a different interior colour, though.

I've never been a fan of steering wheels that are both plastic and (fake?) wood.

Should be one or the other IMHO

Other than that ,looks sweet

What I will be interested to see is what the emissions are for the diesel engines. It's worth comparing the current ML to the X5 3.0d, as both have very similar performance.

The current X5 3.0d has 245 bhp yet manages 195 g/km, compared to the current ML 350 with 231 bhp and 240 g/km for the Grand Edition. In road tax terms that means Band J and £245 per annum for the X5 and Band L, £445 per annum for the ML. Unsurprisingly, the X5 is significantly less thirsty than the current ML too.

Mercedes have worked wonders with the performance/economy of the latest CLS 350 diesel, so it would be great to see if they've worked similar magic with this latest ML. I've been seriously considering one of the current models, and I expect there to be some cracking deals available as they run out, but this is something I would personally take into consideration.

I also agree with some of the previous posters - the colour of that interior is grim in my opinion. I notice from the badges in the seats it's a designo option. The dash layout is very similar in corporate layout to the new CLS which I had a drive of recently, and of course the front of the car (and the rear lights) are all reminiscent of that across-the-range look.

Still think the current Grand Edition looks very attractive, it will be interesting to see what the standard spec is like on the new models.

Cheers,
MarkP

I've never been a fan of steering wheels that are both plastic and (fake?) wood.

Me neither, the 2005 S320cdi my old man had had a mixed wheel, not only does it look complete cack but it is complete cack to hold too.

Nice chunky leather wheel for me everytime.

Will the AMG version get the 6.2 V8 or the new bi turbo engine?.

Will the AMG version get the 6.2 V8 or the new bi turbo engine?.
it will come with the bi turbo engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom