2012 Mercedes C63 AMG Station Wagon - F1 Medical Car - INCREDIBLE LOUD SOUND!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
seen the pace car and med car have an awesome burn up at Silverstone at 6Am on the Saturday before Qualifying in 2008.put shivers down spine an water to the eyes.

Bit flat and farty I thought. :(

Only the Americans really do the noise properly, possibly.

Sound better then a 320 cdi ??? going up the H5 in MK

A bit farty hay

No smell here !!!

Great sound.

Who drives the medical car - is it an ex racing driver and how many medics are normally aboard?

On Friday gone...

Full height meeting room window
+ (2 x roundabouts)
+ short dual carriageway stretch
+ (B7 RS4 Avant x show-off driver)
- (2 x cats)
- (2 x mufflers)

= Me + Sorry can you repeat the question

That sounds awesome! Since they started using these AMG Mercs as pace cars I've always noticed how the deep throated roar of that wonderful V8 drowns out all the F1 cars! :D

That sounds awesome! Since they started using these AMG Mercs as pace cars I've always noticed how the deep throated roar of that wonderful V8 drowns out all the F1 cars! :D

It's a different sound, which is very noticeable on tv...but a full power on F1 car is a painful sound...impossible not to put your hands over your ears.

When I collected mine the salesman warned a couple sat to the side of it (in the showroom) that he was about to 'fire it up'. They thought he was a bit odd but when it started the poor woman jumped out of her skin!

To me, that was the highlight of the collection experience.

S

Will it still be the medical car at this years Silverstone GP?

Speaking of great sounding V8's, it would be hard to find a better sounding car than these; go straight to 4:55 if you like. For the racing enthusiasts here if you get the chance to see these race, don't pass it by - they are very spectacular and very fast, just as the commentators say.

ENJOY :):)

Formula 5000 Racing Cars, "Version 2" - YouTube

Great sound.

Who drives the medical car - is it an ex racing driver and how many medics are normally aboard?

The medical car is driven by an ex-racing driver. Not sure who it is for the 2012 season but in years gone by it was sometimes driven by a "spare" driver from one of the teams.

There is normally only one doctor on board and it is usually Dr. Gary Hartstein - the FIA chief medical delegate. Other doctors and medical staff are scattered around the circuit.

What happened to Dr. Sid?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom