2012 Vito W369 - Bench seat base to single passenger box

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chloeg

Car
Mercedes Vito W369 LWB
Hello all -

I am in a slight pickle...

My lovely shiny 2012 Vito w369 has a bench seat and a driver seat.

I am in the process of converting it into a bit of a camper/ bike adventure van and for christmas treats I got a set of swivel bases and armrest/ captain seats...

many bolts later however I discovered that my seat bases are not suitable for this. The long cross beam along the width of the van (behind the seats) stops the swivels from swivelling..

So, I tracked down some nice individual seat boxes for passenger and driver on ebay , 150 all in - not a problem.

My question is before i buy these, are there pre made holes in the base of the van to accommodate this type of seat boxe? from what I can see the new boxes will need to be secured at the back which would potentially mean drilling holes through flooring?

Any knowledge on this very much appreciated!

C

I know conversion from bench to single has been done, and I haven't heard of anyone needing to drill fresh holes.
If I get chance later I'll look at drawings and see if that's useful.

Although the Marco Polo has swivel seats but when I looked at installing them I found there would be too much sliding of seats required to allow them to rotate so concluded it wasn't worth the aggro each time, especially with the drivers seat and the steering wheel.

I know conversion from bench to single has been done, and I haven't heard of anyone needing to drill fresh holes.
If I get chance later I'll look at drawings and see if that's useful.

Although the Marco Polo has swivel seats but when I looked at installing them I found there would be too much sliding of seats required to allow them to rotate so concluded it wasn't worth the aggro each time, especially with the drivers seat and the steering wheel.
Hi M80,

Thanks for your response.

All the the youtube "how to's" for swivel bases seem to already have the self contained seat bases, so I am assuming the cross bar is the only issue stopping them rotating.

But - you are right, even with the correct seat bases, I think there will be considerable jiggling and tweaking to get the seat to swivel, especially with the driver side (steering wheel) in the way.

I can handle the back and forth to rotate the seat but I don't want to drill new holes in the floor!

Please let me know if you find any drawings, sounds super useful.

C

Sorry I can't see any detail in the 639 drawings that would help.
Worth a try I guess.

Sorry I can't see any detail in the 639 drawings that would help.
Worth a try I guess.
Thanks for looking - I appreciate it.

C

As long as you buy genuine Mercedes seat bases they fit the same holes as the double base.. Strip it all out, cross member can/will come out no problem, its just a few extra bolts & a new B pillar trims that you need BUT when you come to attempt this make sure the battery is disconnected & before you reconnect you will have to fit a 3ohm resistor in the yellow plug that is connected under the seat otherwise you will have the SRS warning light come on, on the dash which is a dealer/ indie job to remove.
I've got Genuine Mercedes swivel bases in my van, they are really good but are mega expensive at £750 each & tbh dont find them bad to swivel.

As long as you buy genuine Mercedes seat bases they fit the same holes as the double base.. Strip it all out, cross member can/will come out no problem, its just a few extra bolts & a new B pillar trims that you need BUT when you come to attempt this make sure the battery is disconnected & before you reconnect you will have to fit a 3ohm resistor in the yellow plug that is connected under the seat otherwise you will have the SRS warning light come on, on the dash which is a dealer/ indie job to remove.
I've got Genuine Mercedes swivel bases in my van, they are really good but are mega expensive at £750 each & tbh dont find them bad to swivel.
Hello Big un,
Many thanks for your reply and for confirming both seat base types will fit the same "floor holes" - not sure what the correct term is there haha.

I have found 2nd hand MB seat bases on ebay around £65 each so I think they will be ok to use -

The SRS warning i already kind of knew about but i bought at 2.7 OHM resistor -

Its fitted now and seems to be working, in that i have my warning notice on the dash that will need to be wiped at a garage.

I guess I should start haunting ebay for new b pillars and floor coverings!

Thanks for confirming the seat bases - I am new to this site and really appreciate the quick replies.

Thanks again.
C

I'm guessing you're aiming toward a camper conversion?
It maybe your hoping to bring the Vito closer to Viano trim?

If you tell us what your ultimate aim is you may find others have been there and can offer money saving / effort saving advice.

Another thread would suit that to my mind.

I'm guessing you're aiming toward a camper conversion?
It maybe your hoping to bring the Vito closer to Viano trim?

If you tell us what your ultimate aim is you may find others have been there and can offer money saving / effort saving advice.

Another thread would suit that to my mind.

Tbh i dont think there are many money saving tips if you want to upgrade to Viano trim.. As a example the carpets for the front & rear are about £1400 for the pair from the dealer.. The internal panels for the viano are a small fortune as well..

you come to attempt this make sure the battery is disconnected & before you reconnect you will have to fit a 3ohm resistor in the yellow plug that is connected under the seat otherwise you will have the SRS warning light come on, on the dash which is a dealer/ indie job to remove.

You have the option of turning your single passenger seat on its own or both drivers and single passenger seats can rotate depending on the type of conversion you choose to have. All of our conversions allow the passenger bench seat to roatate on it own if you wish to have this feature....

You have the option of turning your single passenger seat on its own or both drivers and single passenger seats can rotate depending on the type of conversion you choose to have myaccountaccess . All of our conversions allow the passenger bench seat mykohlscharge to roatate on it own if you wish to have this feature....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom