2012 w204 c220 cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

V6BOY

Car
C220
Hey guys, after abit more power from my c220cdi after coming from an older E60 535d to this really missing the power ontap. Are these brabus tuning boxes the way to go anyone recommend them with no problems ect?

Better off with a custom remap with a reputable tuning company in my eyes. Brabus gives you 30 hp if your stock is 170, chances are your 220 is probably slightly more than stock anyway. Good remap will give you extra 45 plus

What thread

Just checked your thread. I had mine remapped at dms stock was 192 remapped 241 so I stand by my comment :)

Just checked your thread. I had mine remapped at dms stock was 192 remapped 241 so I stand by my comment :)

On a c220 cdi? Do you have dyno proof ? I'm very surprised If a standard c220 can push that much ,iv been told the injectors are a limiting factor ,that's a figure I'd expect from a 250 ( fitted with bigger injectors)

Brabus d3s on a pre blue efficiency om646 engine is a claimed 217bhp and to be honest does feel a considerable hike over the 170bhp as standard and have been running this for 18 months with no problems at all

Yep on a 220 and yep i have dyno run before and after whilst I was stood watching

They were suprised it was at 192 stock and thought it had already been tuned but it hadnt - He did say that bmw and mercs are normally over stock values

dms performed the tune and are pretty well renowned

Attached dyno runs

Attachments

• 20161210_092030.jpg
    20161210_092030.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 20161210_081857.jpg
    20161210_081857.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 33
Hi, I have a 65 plate W205 220 and looking to upgrade the performance with a re map. I wandered if the upgrade would be picked up when I took it into Mercedes for its service and I don't want to void the warranty, any ideas?
Cheers

Dealer will not pick up on remap during routine service work, unless i.e technician takes it out for a run but that is unlikely.

However, if you want to keep it underwraps then chances are they may possibly flash the ecu back to stock with software updates.

Yep on a 220 and yep i have dyno run before and after whilst I was stood watching

They were suprised it was at 192 stock and thought it had already been tuned but it hadnt - He did say that bmw and mercs are normally over stock values

dms performed the tune and are pretty well renowned

As both your stock and post remap figures are a lot higher than expected, their dyno might not be accurate

Maybe but dms come with a great reputation and the garage was pretty impressive so I wouldn't expect their equipment to be faulty. It certainly feels like it has increased by 50 hp driving it

As both your stock and post remap figures are a lot higher than expected, their dyno might not be accurate

I agree
Mb does not usually give any "free horses".
But that is not so important, the difference is real, that's the point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom