2012 W212 E Class Head Unit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jagman42

Car
SL350
I have posted this problem already before when it first occurred and found someone who told me they could fix it but sadly they have been unable to do so and have been told it is not repairable. To recap the whole head unit plus the screen was working on and off and then shut down altogether, I sent it away to be repaired but have been told it cannot be repaired.
What I want to know is that if I buy a used unit from a breakers they all seem to have different ID numbers and makers. My existing broken one is a Harman Becker made in May 2012 . The ID number is A2129000114 ZGS(ZB) and I can find one or two for sale on ebay with a similar number but they are in Poland or Latvia etc and I am a bit nervous about what condition they would be in when buying abroad.
I know that I will need to get the VIN number of the donor vehicle to enable me get the used unit reprogrammed but will any units listed as being from a 2012 W212 model work as a replacement or do I have to have a Becker unit with the matching ID numbers to my existing car???
Am aware that I need to match up all the additional buttons to my existing unit i.e. Eco switch/ heated seats etc plus all the satnav/phone buttons as well.

Have been told a replacement Mercedes unit comes in at circa £2000 and frankly as the car is nearly 10 years old it is not worth repairing, so I am really desperate for some advice as to what unit I can use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom