2013/4 e350cdi estate... this look ok?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

testingtesting

Car
sl

If you stay off the load pedal.... Potentially. I could get 40mpg out of my 535ds.

Driving Assistance package

Take to the road leading to autonomous driving: the latest systems support you based on the situation with speed adjustment, steering, changing lane, and even when there is a risk of a collision. The risk of an accident is reduced – passengers and road users are effectively protected. This way you are able to reach your destination relaxed and safe.
Components and functions exclusive to the Driving Assistance package are indicated with an asterisk (*):
  • Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC (233)
  • Active Speed Limit Assist* (546)
  • Extended restart function on motorways*
  • Route-Based Speed Adjustment
  • Active Steering Assist*
  • Active Lane Changing Assist*
  • Active Emergency Stop Assist with SOS function*
  • Active Brake Assist
  • Cross-traffic function*
  • Congestion emergency braking function*
  • Evasive Steering Assist*
  • Active Lane Keeping Assist (238)
  • Active Blind Spot Assist* (237)
  • Exit warning function
  • PRE-SAFE® PLUS*

Euro 6 ULEZ compliant based on the ad. I cant confirm this without reg number. Good it has driver assistance pack..... Just bear in mind seats are Artico (same as mine) in event leather is desired.

i'm hoping he can get the reg number tomorrow so I'll get the vin for the full spec.

1. Looks lovely!

2. It's a very low car with very low profile tyres... not ideal if you're looking for a soft ride, or live in an area riddled with speed bumps or pot holes.

3. The discs look badly grooved (but it's difficult to judge from the pictures). I am not a fan of cars with grooved discs, I have no proof but to my mind it is an indication that the car was driven in anger.... I always had my discs replaced when they are nearing the minimum thickness, but never had deeply groved discs on any car I owned. That said, grooved discs on their own won't stop me from buying a car.

4. The car has COMAND NTG4.5, might be a good idea to see if you can get the seller to update the maps as part of the deal (latest version is 2019/2020 v19.0). And, if they have STAR with subscription, also update the firmware.

5. Being a late 2013 car, it should have the KOM Module with the built-in Vodafone 3g simcard, which is important because this is a must if you want to be able to subscribe to the TomTom Live Traffic service. Run the VIN through a VIN decoder and look for option B54 MBCONNECT - REAL-TIME TRAFFIC DATA.

6. The car has rear climate control which is nice. But as far as I can see it does not have heated front seats? Which, if true, is a bit of a shame.

7. The privacy glass at the rear is nice, if original. If it's an after-market film, I would check the quality of the workmanship very closely.

8. The OM642 engine on the E350 CDI BlueTec can be expensive to repair if it goes wrong. I would check the service history, listen for unwanted noises, especially when starting the engine from cold, and making sure there's a mechanical breakdown warranty.

9. The car would have a DPF, so not an ideal car if you are not planning on doing motorway driving on regular basis.

Ok VIN will also allow full check of spec sheet assuming you can find a site that works.

Can't advise on the current money...I would probably compare to others for sale and any completed listings on ebay & negotiate from there As a very approximate guess car may have been sourced at £12- 12.5k but if it was chopped this becomes less relevant depending on that deal. Don't bring px or finance into the discussions until best deal sorted on the car & give indication other cars being considered. A litle bit of a sellers used car market at moment ...so don't take it personally if haggle room more minimal than expected.

Also worth checking MOT history for any recent advisories.

Hope your efforts are appreciated.....so often good advice or help can be dismissed or taken for granted.

Also, check that tbe ECO symbol goes from yellow to green... you might not want to use Stop/Start, but a green ECO symbol is a sign of a healthy battery :thumb:

6. The car has rear climate control which is nice. But as far as I can see it does not have heated front seats? Which, if true, is a bit of a shame.

AFAIK all UK W212/S212 come with heated front seats....The AT spec link says heated fronts too.

And check that the engine coolant temperature reaches 90 degrees... thermostat failure is a common issue, which can lead to low mpg and more importantly to carbon deposits and both DPF and EGR issues etc.

Not that it particularly matters but those wheels are from a W213.

And it’ll easily do 40+ mpg on the motorway, I’ve had that engine at mid 50’s.

Not that it particularly matters but those wheels are from a W213.

And it’ll easily do 40+ mpg on the motorway, I’ve had that engine at mid 50’s.

yes there's a receipt from mercedes where the PO bought them.

And check that the engine coolant temperature reaches 90 degrees... thermostat failure is a common issue, which can lead to low mpg and more importantly to carbon deposits and both DPF and EGR issues etc.

For comparison/information I have a pre-facelift W212 E350 CDi non-Bluetec. My thermostat runs at about 85 degrees. Changed it for a new one just to be sure. Still runs around 85 and the engine runs perfectly with excellent economy and performance.

For comparison/information I have a pre-facelift W212 E350 CDi non-Bluetec. My thermostat runs at about 85 degrees. Changed it for a new one just to be sure. Still runs around 85 and the engine runs perfectly with excellent economy and performance.

That's a fair point.

However, the engine has most engines temperature senders, one connected to the gauge in the instrument cluster, and the other feeding temp data to the ECU. On my car (petrol M274), the gauge needle 'sits' at around 85 degrees, but the OBDII data is showing coolant temp of between 90 and 106 degrees.

I've had lots of Mercedes, from '94 to 2014 models, and they all sat at between 80 and 90 degrees on the instrument panel display.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom