2013-B200-Auto- "WITHOUT CHANGING GEAR CONSULT WORKSHOP" Just did Annual service & changed Battery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sujitv29

Car
B200
Hi Experts,

I have 2013-B200-Automatic. car. I Just did Annual service & changed Battery.

Drove the car for 14KM ( 15 mins )

All of sudden on the road i got this error "WITHOUT CHANGING GEAR CONSULT WORKSHOP"

The car is in Neutral and stuck .. does not let shift gear.

Interestingly after 20 minutes the error gone and was able to drive the car.

This Is the second time seen this error since servicing of car on 12th July 2021.

I suspect this is due to something related to new battery ..

Any advise please?

Regards

Sujit.

On some models you need to tell the car that you have fitted a new battery to it otherwise it will not charge it.

The first step to this is to update the TCM software, after that, if this error still occurs, the gearbox oil level must be checked and corrected.

If its still a problem after that, one of the internal actuators is faulty.

The first step to this is to update the TCM software, after that, if this error still occurs, the gearbox oil level must be checked and corrected.

Thanks for your comments and advise. I have given the car to the Mechanic today .. Waiting for his analysis ... The car servicing is just done with all necessary oil changes...
This error never seen before until this servicing was done.

On some models you need to tell the car that you have fitted a new battery to it otherwise it will not charge it.
No issues with battery .. it is charging fine and car can start without any issues..

Hi did u have this problem again , my car is currently having this issue

Well the original poster had the right advice,which was get Star on it,does the fault go away after you switch off the car for a little while only to come back after a short time,it might be the electro plate in the box,but get Star on it,given how much garages are charging a hour now paying for the use of the Star diagnostics can save you a fortune in the guessing game.

Hi did u have this problem again , my car is currently having this i

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom