2013 C Class int mirror

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Y8cel

Car
2008 SLK55 AMG (Sold) 2013 C63 Coupe
Can somebody please confirm that there are two illuminated down lighters in the base of the interior mirror only the one on the drivers side is working on my car?

Thanks

I have four

Two are spot lights that look like really impressive LED spaceship cockpit lights, bright! A button one either side control these

And the other two are the large ones you can see either side (ones you can see the lenses of) which come on when you open the door/take key out etc which are a normal halogen yellowish colour. I'd go out and take a picture but it's freezing!

Hope that helps

P.s mine is prefacelift although they're pretty much the same yours might be different

Quite a coincidence. I noticed that only one out of the 2 is working on my mirror. Although these are just to provide ambient lighting.

As Ash has already said. The main lights are on the overhead console. They provide actual light that you need (curtesy lights).

Ant.

Happytalk73 said:
Quite a coincidence. I noticed that only one out of the 2 is working on my mirror. Although these are just to provide ambient lighting. As Ash has already said. The main lights are on the overhead console. They provide actual light that you need (curtesy lights). Ant.

Ah, I realised from your post that I read the OP wrong :eek:

Just the two drop lights on the actual mirror! Courtesy lights aren't on the mirror

:thumb:

Ah, I realised from your post that I read the OP wrong :eek:

Just the two drop lights on the actual mirror! Courtesy lights aren't on the mirror

Ah, I realised from your post that I spelt 'Courtesy' incorrectly. :wallbash:

It's the orange ambient down lighter under the mirror I'm on about as only one is working but there looks to be two of them

Yes mate. There should be 2 working. Not just one.

You'll notice the difference if and when you get it fixed. I'll have to get mine sorted in the new year too. Along with the 2 rear number plate lights that have gone.

Have you cleaned the car today???

Ant.

No mate been down the bottom of Cornwall for work just a quick 320 mile day today, I'm now off till the 5th so I can get on it

Barry

Good on ya Barry. All the best.

Post some pics when you have time.

Ant.

Y8cel said:
It's the orange ambient down lighter under the mirror I'm on about as only one is working but there looks to be two of them

I didn't even know there was an orange one, I'm too paranoid to press all them other buttons, lol

I didn't even know there was an orange one, I'm too paranoid to press all them other buttons, lol

The ambient lights built into the bottom of your rear view mirror don't need turning on Ash. They should be on all the time during night time driving.

Ant

Happytalk73 said:
The ambient lights built into the bottom of your rear view mirror don't need turning on Ash. They should be on all the time during night time driving. Ant

Can't say I've noticed any light staying on during driving at night time, where is the button for this light?

Only one of these down lighters working on my mirror as well,how do you access them to replace faulty one, what type of bulb is required?

Only one of these down lighters working on my mirror as well,how do you access them to replace faulty one, what type of bulb is required?

There's only one ambient downlighter in the mirror, if you place your hand a couple of inches beneath the mirror when it's dark you should see an orange glow on it. There is only one light because it's purpose is to illuminate the gear lever area of the centre console below.

My C220cdi 63 plate only had one ambient downlighter. Other manufacturers refer to these as 'submarine lights'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom