2013 C200 gearbox oil amount?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpiceWeasel

Car
C200
New here so thought I would say hello first of all. I recently got my first Merc a month ago, a silver C200 (W204 facelift) with almost 80k...so almost run in :)
Just about to give the car a proper service (well my mechanic), gearbox oil and filter kit, fuel filter, oil and filter, air filter and cabin filter. I got everything from my local Merc dealers as around the same price for genuine bits. I only went in for the gearbox kit but asked about everything else while I was in there.

Anyway my question is how much gearbox oil should I need for an oil and filter change? Merc gave me 6L of oil with the kit. Now I have read conflicting advice about what needs to be done here. Some say just drain old oil, swap the filter, new gasket and bolts etc. Then refill with between 5L-6L and get up to 45c then let the excess drain out and bingo.
I have also been reading that you should at the same time as the gearbox is drained also drain the oil from the torque converter as well. Then same procedure as above. So that would be more like 8L-9L of oil.

To make things even more confusing some say there is no drain plug in the torque converter, others say there is.
Has anyone done this and know what the actual amount should be? I have been going around in circles for the last few hours trying to find a proper answer. Thanks

Hello and welcome . What transmission is fitted to your car ? That needs to be determined before you can think of servicing it. Nine litres is a good start , but if you are going to flush the cooler lines you may need more.

Hello and welcome . What transmission is fitted to your car ? That needs to be determined before you can think of servicing it. Nine litres is a good start , but if you are going to flush the cooler lines you may need more.
Hi as far as I know it's a 7g+. It's a 2013 C200 Se Exec model, no flappy padels on the wheel but is supposed to have eco stop/start (although never had it do it yet)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom