2013 C220 Airbag Warning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulPJ

Car
C220 CDi
Hi All, my 2013 W204 C220 is showing a message saying 'Front Right Malfunction Consult Workshop'. This has only just started after I took the car to a company to have the drivers seat cushion stitching redone. I can only assume they either took the seat out or at the least undid the bolts to enable them to remove the seat cushion. I have looked under the seat and I see 1 large yellow plug with 6 wires and 1 small black plug with 2 wires. Is it a case of unplugging or wiggling each of these plugs or is there one I have missed. Also, is it safe to mess around with these plugs as I know from the past that the airbag can go off if the battery is not disconnected.

Many thanks Paul

If they have disconnected the wiring to remove the seat it's possible the ignition was on as that would bring the light on. It could just need reset with a suitable diagnostic computer.

If they removed the seat squab the might have damaged the occupancy sensor. But disconnecting the battery and leaving it for a while and then unplugging/plugging in any connectors you might find under the seat is a good place to start.

Hi All, my 2013 W204 C220 is showing a message saying 'Front Right Malfunction Consult Workshop'. This has only just started after I took the car to a company to have the drivers seat cushion stitching redone. I can only assume they either took the seat out or at the least undid the bolts to enable them to remove the seat cushion. I have looked under the seat and I see 1 large yellow plug with 6 wires and 1 small black plug with 2 wires. Is it a case of unplugging or wiggling each of these plugs or is there one I have missed. Also, is it safe to mess around with these plugs as I know from the past that the airbag can go off if the battery is not disconnected.

Many thanks Paul
You didn't mention if the SRS light is on with the message? If the SRS light is on, is it flashing or solid?

Try erasing the error code using STAR or iCarsoft scanner. If the error code returns you may have a faulty seat sensor or wiring issues.

I ended up replacing the seat senor, but was left with a flashing SRS light with no error code. Turns out if the SRS light is flashing without an error code, the SRS module is 'unlocked' and need re-locking with Star. This can be done in offline mode.

The SRS light was on solid but I took it to a frends garage and it has now been resolved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom