2013 C220 CDI belt replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whitelighter

Car
C220d
Car has been into the local main dealer as there has been an audible high pitched squeel since the service last week, which can be briefly halted by touching the breaks.

Of course this morning it shut up. They have said they can't replicate it but have come back and said the can detect a squeel on full lick which they think is coming from the V belt tensioner.

They have recommended replacing the belt and tensioner to see if that fixes it at a cost of £350. I thought the 220 Diesel engine has a chain drive for the camshaft so what could the belt be they mention?

£350 sounds a bit steep on the off chance it fixes the issue - which may not be the issue it was dropped in for

Car has been into the local main dealer as there has been an audible high pitched squeel since the service last week, which can be briefly halted by touching the breaks.

Of course this morning it shut up. They have said they can't replicate it but have come back and said the can detect a squeel on full lick which they think is coming from the V belt tensioner.

They have recommended replacing the belt and tensioner to see if that fixes it at a cost of £350. I thought the 220 Diesel engine has a chain drive for the camshaft so what could the belt be they mention?

£350 sounds a bit steep on the off chance it fixes the issue - which may not be the issue it was dropped in for

Probably on about the serpentine belt which drive's the auxiliaries.

Does that car not have electric power steering? Certainly, the late 204 petrols and the 205 220 Ds do. In which case I would have thought the full lock thing was a red herring. Maybe someone could confirm or otherwise.

Ernie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom