2013 C220 Remap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ExeC

Car
C220 AMG Sport+
Hey guys,

I'm new here after moving from the s2000 owners club, I have myself a shiny new 2013 C220 CDI AMG Sports+ Coupe.

I have spoken to one of your regular tuning companies here about a bespoke remap & gearbox setup which involves them taking the car for half a day.

I just wanted to check the figures really as they seemed a bit too good to be true?

I've been quoted gains of 80hp and torque up to 550-600 levels.

Is this sort of gain usual for this engine ? I know its the same engine as the C250, but thought i'd check here first as you guys will obviously know :)

Many thanks!

Paul

Hi Paul,

Very nice choice !

Yes the numbers are very good on those models with around the quoted figures achievable.

Drop me an email (see below) if you would like a quote. C220's are a fairly quick map to be honest :)

Regards,

Matt

Hi Paul,

Very nice choice !

Yes the numbers are very good on those models with around the quoted figures achievable.

Drop me an email (see below) if you would like a quote. C220's are a fairly quick map to be honest :)

Regards,

Matt

I've asked this question on numerous occasions - are there any mechanical differences between the C220 and C250 or just different maps? If the C220 can be taken to 550-600Nm, what are the figures for a C250?

I've asked this question on numerous occasions - are there any mechanical differences between the C220 and C250 or just different maps? If the C220 can be taken to 550-600Nm, what are the figures for a C250?

I believe they are the same as we get identical figures with both.

In my opinion its just a money making activity for merc as its just a map change.

Hope that helps :)

I believe they are the same as we get identical figures with both.

In my opinion its just a money making activity for merc as its just a map change.

Hope that helps :)

Brilliant, I feel robbed now :)

Haha well a remap will take it to neigh on the C350cdi power for a lot less... Feel better ? :D

Give me a shout (details below) if your interested.

Cheers,

Mmm...... Now that's got me interested, I was thinking of having a look down the tuning route. I've recently owned a 400 bhp modified MK2 Focus RS which I spent a lot of time and money on and said I would never do it again, but once bitten by the modding bug... How much torque?... Lol :thumb:

Mmm...... Now that's got me interested, I was thinking of having a look down the tuning route. I've recently owned a 400 bhp modified MK2 Focus RS which I spent a lot of time and money on and said I would never do it again, but once bitten by the modding bug... How much torque?... Lol :thumb:

We regularly see 260BHP and 610nm on those engines :)

We love modifying too! Our C350cdi is worlds most powerful.. at the last dyno run we hit 324BHP and 788nm ... We have done more work so another dyno run is needed :D !

Haha well a remap will take it to neigh on the C350cdi power for a lot less... Feel better ? :D

Give me a shout (details below) if your interested.

Cheers,

No I don't :). There's about a £1k difference between a C220 CDI AMG Sport Plus Estate and a C250 CDI. So essentially if you are looking to get it remapped, you might as well pick the C220 as both can be taken to C350 levels. Unless there are other differences (brakes etc.), of which I'm not aware?

C350 runs different Brakes etc ... I have a full new set of 350 brakes if wanted lol

Admittedly I love the Sport + interior :) red stitching !

Hey Guys,

Well the remap was carried out and Paul was pleased. Then took him out for a spin in the RA350 .. was a little too greasy on the roads to show the full power !

Pics below:
wf3j.jpg

rdhb.jpg

iqcg.jpg

Its a gorgeous car you have there Paul, we will get it on the Dyno for you when we do a Dyno day :)

Regards,

Matt

Dont forget to tell the insurance company Exec. Ive always wondered how re maps affect premiums.

Dyno Days... I love em, I've done a few of these :D and they are really good day out with some like minded people and good banter. So come on Matt@rebellion when the next one...:thumb::bannana:

Paul (ExeC),

The remap you had is interesting and i am considering the same. I have the same car as you and wondered what you thought of the difference now you have had it done a while.
My car has only done 2000 miles, was yours similar ?

Cheers
Andy

Sorry to jump on this thread but why are most tuners stating that a 220 will only get approx 35bhp more....surely this is what the 250 has as standard? I presume the 250 can be tuned so does that not mean the 220 will be the same?

Some real guidance and genuine advice would be appreciated!

Cheers

Rob

Hi Guys and Girls, I'm new to the forum and have stumbled across this thread with regards to a map for a C220. I have just taken delivery of my White 2013 Mercedes C220 AMG saloon and would love a bit more power. Any advice in how I could contact the above MattVW would be great.
Thanks
Eddie

With the utmost respect the quoted increased figures for a Stage 1 remap fot the W204 220 CDI seem a little bit unrealistic as leading MB German tuners can only increase between 460nm to 500nm subject to the engine variant if in CDI or Blue Efficiency form and they know the limits of the cars they tune as they have heavily invested in long term r&d and testing and provide warranties on ther tuning to stand buy their tuning.

I've read a little on the remapping which I am going to do and a bit about having the EGR and DPF removed, Is there any power or fuel consumption benefits by having these taken out? or any negative side effects?

Cheers
Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom