2013 C63 AMG DAB Radio

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stewart1001

Car
Mercedes Benz C63
I've just taken delivery of a 2013 C63 AMG but have noticed that it doesn't appear to have the DAB radio option. I've studied the Comand manual and have followed the instructions to the letter. I thought this was a supplied as standard on all C63 AMG models of this age? Can anyone tell me if this is true and if so, what I am doing wrong? Many thanks in advance.

I made a similar mistake when I purchased my E350 Coupe demonstrator which was only 3 months old, for some apparent reason I assumed it had Dab as standard which of course it didn't, when I phoned the dealers and spoke to the salesman his reply was , " Don't worry about it , Dab reception is rubbish " :crazy:

The DAB on my 2014 E220 was dreadful, to the extent that I stopped using it altogether.
The new 2016 version (something MUST have been altered) operates really well.
If that it true across the board, I'd forget about DAB on a 2013.
Turn off the radio and listen to the engine/exhaust?
:)

Dab wasn't standard on c63 saloon. Standard radio is very good though.

What the hell do you need a radio for in a c63???? I don't even know if mine works

The DAB in my 2015 BMW is awful, cuts in and out especially in built up areas.
If I ever go to South Wales it is absolutely useless which is another good reason not to go there.

The DAB radio works really well in the C63. Great when stuck in traffic or on boring motorway slogs.

I connected a ipod to the car. I never have it on . That was the reason i bought this car because of the engine and exsaust note

What the hell do you need a radio for in a c63???? I don't even know if mine works
Not that helpful but I know what you mean. The exhaust noises are to die for especially when pushing the car hard!

The DAB in my 2013 coupe was useless, so I never used it - it used to cut out and buffer. Saying that the DAB in my 2015 saloon worked great.

With no VIN we can't tell you if you do have it or not

None the less, for £25 from Argos you can get a Pure DAB stick, plug it in the glovebox and leave it out of sight. Never misses a beat. Misses got me one for Xmas 15'

Mine had the surround option but I only ever had the music on once. I just drove with the windows down and giggled

I have a 13 plate car and mine has a DAB. I don't have any issues with reception either. Normal radio sounds like rubbish after you get used to DAB though.

Next question, is it possible to record directly off a CD to the music register? On the face of it, after trying several times, it appears not to be - it seems you have to create either another CD with the music files already in MP3 or other compatible format or copy to a USB stick first then copy to music register?? I will be all ears if someone knows how to do this?

With no VIN we can't tell you if you do have it or not

None the less, for £25 from Argos you can get a Pure DAB stick, plug it in the glovebox and leave it out of sight. Never misses a beat. Misses got me one for Xmas 15'
Sorry for late reply, VIN is WDD2040772A770623

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom