2013 C63 Dashboard Binnacle rattle??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PSD379

Car
C63 AMG Coupe
Hi All,

Just looking for some help/advice please.

I have a 2013 C63 coupe with what seems to be a rattle emanating from behind the instrument binnacle. It's around the area at the top of the dashboard, near where the mesh grill is - but it's not the grill causing the problem. It just sounds like there is a cable loose somewhere, which when you go over a bump is hitting the inside of the top of the dashboard.

I can replicate the noise by smacking the top of the dashboard where the binnacle is.

A few questions:

Has anyone had similar? And managed to resolve it?

If you were to remove the binnacle, does anyone know what's behind there? Are there more wires, cables etc. or is it just a void!?

Does anyone have any pictures of what's behind the binnacle once it's removed?

Just trying to gather enough intel. before I decide whether to have the binnacle removed. I know taking a dash apart, which doesn't seem that difficult on this model could lead to more rattles once you put it back together again - double edged sword!

It may well be the binnacle itself which is the issue, judging by the size of it and how deep it goes into the dashboard. I do know there is one connector that goes into the back of the binnacle - could be that?

It's the only thing that is driving me mad about the car, other than that it's great! And, yes, I know I can turn the volume up etc.....but with a jack hammer of an engine soundtrack why would you? :)

Any help/advice greatly appreciated!

Thank you

PSD379

I'm sure under that grille sits the seperate speaker for the sat nav

Thank you for the response.

I've ordered some trim pry tools and the cluster removal pulling hooks needed to remove the central air vents from Mercedes.

Been out in the car today and the rattle is very definitely coming from in or around the binnacle area.

PSD379

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom