2013 c63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stuart O

Car
C 250cdi est.
I am close to ordering an estate 6.3 C class, I believe that on start up the engine revs up for a second, is there a way to prevent this ? Don't want to advertise the car too much ...

Any thoughts ??

Thanks

Stuart

I wouldnt worry about it and enjoy the noise! Chances are that people are going to notice it anyway..

Chances are that people are going to notice it anyway..

This.

Even driving away slowly the burble is quite audible. The hard rev on cold start is just a part of the start up cycle I think. Every one I've been in and have seen holds its revs and makes a fair bit of noise for a few seconds on cold start.

Hahaha
This is funny.

It's like saying "my girlfriend is really fit... is there anyway I can hide this?..."

Is there a way to prevent the noise?... Yes, buy a regular C-Class.

:D

Last edited:
The noise is the best thing about the c63 enjoy it!!

Why the concern?
Do you get up very early and don't want to wake the neighbours?
Or, do you not want to attract unwanted attention?

Either way, whether it is courtesy or fear from vandalism and/or theft, fully flared AMG rocket might not be the best choice here.

C63 on start up

I realise I'm risking a ribbing here but living in a small town the last thing I want to do is rub people's noses in the fact that its a 50 k + car when half the area is scraping about for work , just a thought in case there was a way to reduce the stone throwing a bit :doh:

I realise I'm risking a ribbing here but living in a small town the last thing I want to do is rub people's noses in the fact that its a 50 k + car when half the area is scraping about for work , just a thought in case there was a way to reduce the stone throwing a bit :doh:

That's life mate I am afraid, but it's all hypothetical you don't know what the reaction will be, it's not exactly a boy racers car with crap exhaust and music filling the street, but sounds like this would be more readily accepted.

If you are concerned then you have 2 options don't buy the 63 or move to another location.

...or buy something a bit less in your face like an E63.

Or put 'C220 CDI' badges on it. :D

I leave for work at 5.15 each day and I park out the back of my house and I dont wake the wife up. (Our bedroom is at the back of the house)

As for not attracting attention, as others have said, do not buy a c63.

J.

Yep it's loud, but even louder when I fire her up in the morning in my garage - makes the house rumble haha.

It can be a little obvious sometimes as people think you are doing it on purpose, but really WGAF!

That's the most embarrassing thing. People give you the 'dirties' like you're revving it deliberately. If anyone's watching I usually start it while standing next to it, if that helps!

I love the noise they make when they start.....but I don't advise parking too close to the car behind you in a car park. Started my car in the ncp at the weekend and the growl set off the alarm on the car behind me! I'm sure people thought I'd reversed into it

You could always put a brown paper bag over your head and cut out a pair of eyes. :dk:

I don't think the cold start is too bad. Certainly not as theatrical as an Aston or Ferrari. That's the great thing about the C63 - discreet performance.

We have a number of cars in storage for the winter, 2 Ferrari 458s, a Porsche GTS and a Gallardo...it's the Lambo that makes the real noise...my old 911 is next.:D

The GTS is barely audible...and the Ferraris are refined.

I was getting a lift in it the other day (hungover...) ,missus started it when I wasn't expecting it and it made me jump... Not many cars do that!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom