2013 CLS 350 OM642 - Is This Possible?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55BOF

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLS63 SB, SLK55, Cooper S, Triumph Sprint (Bike not Dolly...),
I just read the the DPF data on my OM642 engine. According to the iCarsoft, the car has done 300 miles since the last DPF regen, and it is showing zero soot content in the DPF and zero ash content in the reservoir. Is this feasible? (I'd have thought there ought to be at least some soot in the DPF, but I know little about diesel emissions systems.)

Or the iCarsoft is not that accurate - possibly? The only way to properly find out would be to compare any readings with a known accurate system like STAR - assuming that is also accurate

The iCarsoft just displays the readouts from the car, I rather think, so that's not it. My question is, could the car have run as cleanly over 300 miles as the readout indicates?

Just checked the DPF figures again.

Soot content 0%.

Ash Content 0%.

Mileage since last DPF Regen: 57

Here's where I really start to wonder...

Mileage since last Ash Content Correction - 68,043. The car is only showing 68,223 miles from new!

The car does mostly longish runs - 20 miles a time, with occasional 100 mls + trips. I don't know a lot about diesels, but is it possible the DPF self-cleans itself of ash as well as soot? Or do I have a sensor fault?

There is also a figure shown as Total Distance - 5,747. There is nothing to indicate total distance since what, or before what. Anybody know what this figure is?

(All the numbers are actually shown in km, but I've converted them to statute miles).

SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM

Wonder if it’s had a dpf delete in a previous life?
Although I checked data on 2013 w212 (om651) recently and it was showing low ash content (2%) but soot content was high

Wonder if it’s had a dpf delete in a previous life?

Almost certainly not; I'm satisfied have a pretty good idea of the car's history, and it's been very well looked after and not had some wally mucking about with it.

Although I checked data on 2013 w212 (om651) recently and it was showing low ash content (2%) but soot content was high
Thanks for that; that's very useful. I'm beginning to believe that my data is probably about right. What was the mileage on the 212 in question?

Mine is on 68,000, so almost the same (though it's the OM642, and Euro 5).

It's definitely looking as though I needn't worry.

I love SPAM................. Butties, Fritters, Pies, Puddings and More Spam.. :thumb: :doh::dk::dk::dk::dk::dk::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom