2013 CLS - Gearbox Issue?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I didn't have the remap done; the previous owner but one did. The stock CLS with my engine is 261 bhp; the MSL dyno sheet shows 322 bhp and 530 lb ft. Yes, it is quite quick; I had the same engine, in the 265 bhp Euro 6 (Adblue) S212, with a TDI Tuning box on it, and it feels noticeably quicker than that, and with improved driveability too.

I've had no issues at all with the map. Get it done; you won't regret it.

Last edited:
Just a thought, when the battery was replaced, did the connectors get a clean? Have seen electrical problems caused by something as simple as a crusty connection.

Yes, they did. I wish it was that simple.

Non genuine diagnosis equipment won't always pull all codes.

So I gather. I'll get a STAR diagnosis at the next service.

Just had the car serviced and a STAR readout done by Terry Gates. No codes at all in the engine or gearbox ECUs. It's a gremlin...

It happens so rarely, I'll just have to live with it unless it gets worse - or stops happening.

Check the intercooler hoses. They can have a hairline split and cause all kinds of faults (not logged)

But only about once in two months/1000 miles? I rather doubt it.

Terry Gates has never seen it either. He thinks it more likely the gremlin is in the engine ECU, but for once I disagree. Whatever it is, it happens so rarely, and is cured by switching off then on again, that it has to be electrical/electronic, and I'm not thinking of replacing expensive ECUs on spec.

Was there any resolution to this issue? The reason why I ask is that I'm having what sounds like an identical problem, but its happening pretty much every few days and sometimes it will happen from a cold start and sometimes mid drive. It's just had the 722.9 box service and a full Xentry scan with no codes. It's very frustrating. The car is approaching 10 year old with the warranty about to expire. It's almost as if there's a ghost in the machine!! 🤣

I sold the car about last September. It had never happened again after February, so I have no idea what caused it.

Was there any resolution to this issue? The reason why I ask is that I'm having what sounds like an identical problem, but its happening pretty much every few days and sometimes it will happen from a cold start and sometimes mid drive. It's just had the 722.9 box service and a full Xentry scan with no codes. It's very frustrating. The car is approaching 10 year old with the warranty about to expire. It's almost as if there's a ghost in the machine!! 🤣
I am having the exact same issue too, however it happens at least once a day. Have you had a solution to yours

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom