2013 CLS - TPMS Anomaly

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55BOF

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLS63 SB, SLK55, CLK350 'Vert, Triumph Sprint (Bike not Dolly...),
The car is a 2013 CLS with TPMS. A couple of weeks ago I had a flat (screw in the tread, managed to puncture the sidewall, completely flat, drove less than half a mile at very low speed on it to get home). I had a new tyre fitted, and about fifty miles later I had the yellow 'rectify tyre pressure' warning come up. The iCarsoft MB II brought up a stored code 'loss of communication', or some such, for the same wheel. Tbf, the pressure was 255 kPa as opposed to the other rear, which was (the correct) 250 kPa. I cleared the code; the pressures are now spot on, and identical, but the yellow warning still appears, for the same wheel. There are no associated codes.

Does anybody know, will the system reset itself after a while, or will it need more than that?

Is this indirect (ABS) or direct (with valve pressure sensors) TPMS?

TPMS. The system in the car is showing the correct pressures, as confirmed (to within 5 kPa) by the iCarsoft, and within its own parameters spot on.

You cleared the fault code but did you reset the TPMS system, using the in car buttons?

Thank you for that. I didn't know I could or needed to... I'll try that next, if I can find it in the plethora of menues. Oh for a proper hard copy driver's handbook...

Now I know it's there, I'll find it.

And so I did. It seems illogical that after the fault code is cleared, the system needs to be rest with identical parameters to those previously used, but it's fine now. Thank you once again.

And so I did. It seems illogical that after the fault code is cleared, the system needs to be rest with identical parameters to those previously used, but it's fine now. Thank you once again.

Yeah, that stumped me too the other day. Took me a week to figure it out....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom