2013 COMAND Online MP3 USB Limit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ph1lo

Car
ML63 AMG
Hi All,

First time post - I have searched and can't find anything obvious that clears this up so hope this isn't repetitive for you.

My lucky better half has just taken delivery of a new SLK55 AMG with the COMAND Online system installed. Beyond being a great car, and the occasional use tiding me over until the eventual delivery of my ML63 next year, I am a bit disappointed with the MP3 capabilities and hope that someone knows a way around this problem:

I was excited by the prospect of being able to use a USB Hard Drive through the media interface to carry around our entire, rather extensive, audio collection without having to generate playlists and sync a subset to an iPod all the time.

Now in principal this works fine - I can plug in my 1TB USB HDD with my MP3 collection on it and it sort of works, but there appear to be limits.

There seems to be a restriction to the number of folders that the system can support, perhaps no more than 8, so I have even tried moving all of my MP3 files into a single folder which improved matters slightly, but the system seems to max out at just 15,000 tracks.

Does anyone know if it's possible to increase this limit - don't get me wrong, 15,000 tracks is a lot and certainly more than enough for any journey - this is more about the convenience of just being able to copy and have with me at all times my entire collection without having to ever be selective.

I presume the same limitation will also exist in the ML when it arrives as I believe it's the same system? Any insight there would also be gratefully received.

Many thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom