2013 E63 AMG - SF63 AOS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chr1s

Car
E63 AMG
Hello,

If anyone comes across this car, or knows anything about it, I would suggest that you get in contact asap as there is a lot of bad history and I wouldn't want anyone on here to get stung.

Decent of you to post on here...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

What was the failure?

What was the failure?
Engine failure at 68k miles. Bent 2 rods, blew a piston, warped the block, screwed up the crank and main bearings.

Engine was going to be rebuilt but main bearings were out of stock globally with AMG.

Replacement engine was fitted and ran but had a major misfire and a whole multitude of errors that Star could clear and then came back.

Steering rack was also put on wonky and thus you’ll never be able to get the right alignment without removing adjusting and refitting.

What was the failure?
Engine failure at 68k miles. Bent 2 rods, blew a piston, warped the block, screwed up the crank and main bearings.

Engine was going to be rebuilt but main bearings were out of stock globally with AMG.

Replacement engine was fitted and ran but had a major misfire and a whole multitude of errors that Star could clear and then came back.

Steering rack was also put on wonky and thus you’ll never be able to get the right alignment without removing adjusting and refitting.

Ouch! :(

What happened to it after that? Have you seen it advertised for sale?

As said good of you to post up the information :)

sounds pretty bad, I wonder what caused that in the first place?

Jesus, Mary and Joseph that’s some list of failures!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

So was the 2nd engine a dud? Were MB not interested in any goodwill or was it heavily modified and that blew it up?

From what we know the oil pump failed at about 80mph and the bottom end seized up.

I have plenty of pictures but cannot upload from my phone.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

So was the 2nd engine a dud? Were MB not interested in any goodwill or was it heavily modified and that blew it up?

No it ran and I drove the car the 70 miles home but it was not right in the slightest.

MB wanted to “inspect” the car but would not advise what that entailed. Could have been a quick look or a full strip down but with not answer of what they might do I could have been left with a car in bits and a hefty bill.

Car only had a map on it from MSL. Acid was fantastic throughout and very supportive in various ways.

Ouch! :(

What happened to it after that? Have you seen it advertised for sale?

As said good of you to post up the information :)

I sold the car a few days after getting it back to a car buying company for an amount I was happy with but just wanted the car gone.

They said it would go to Mannheim Auctions @ Wimbledon and I have kept an eye out and set alerts but not seen it advertised anywhere.

Doesn’t even come up on the DVLA Reg check which I find really strange.

Doesn’t even come up on the DVLA Reg check which I find really strange.

Might be on a private plate with it’s unsuspecting new owner!

That’s my thoughts or maybe still in the trade somewhere?

I’d know it if I saw it. Black badges all round, black side skirt incerts, carbon boot spoiler.

To be honest if its had a replacement engine I don't think the past issues would put me off! Hopefully it has been fixed properly now!

How many miles did you do with the remap on before the trouble started?

To be honest if its had a replacement engine I don't think the past issues would put me off! Hopefully it has been fixed properly now!

Problem is with what the quality and history of that engine...wasn’t running right when I got it back and would never trust it.

How many miles did you do with the remap on before the trouble started?

Around 35k miles on the remap. Car had 68k on it as I did a lot of Motorway miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom