2013 E63 or C63 Performance pack saloon to buy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jatboy

Car
AMG
Hi Guys

I am after advice about which of the two cars I should buy next. I need to make a decision in next 24 hours !

I want as much fun and theater as possible in the 12 months that I will probably own it. I am prepared to remap/ change exhausts if needed to get the E63 to sound better if that is possible

My experience with the C63 is... THE EXHAUST pops and crackles which is a big selling point to me. It also feels lighter and easier to throw around. This car also has the performance pack which makes it a bit rarer than the other standard ones.

The E63 sounds muted, but feels solid and planted on the road. The E63 is LOADED with optional extras. This will be a good selling point in the future

Price wise the E63 will be around £30k with 20 months Merc warranty, and the C63 is £26k with 12 months Merc Warranty remaining

Two questions I need your advice on....
1. Which do you think will retain its value most come 12 months time when I come to sell ?

2. Can the E63 be made to be more (less grown up) fun with mods so as to give a similar exhaust sound to the mad C63 ?

Thanks for any useful insights into these two options. Please do tell me which you would buy with these two considerations in mind.

Steve

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Steve:thumb:.

An E63 can be made to sound like a hooligan with Weistec or Rado downpipes. Cut out the resonator as well and it is a mad sounding car. Much louder than a stock C63.

The C63 is probably the more fun car, but I'd take the E Class everyday. Only you can really decide.
Only a guess, but I'd say the E Class would hold its value better.

E63 would be considerably rarer than a C63.

With the longer warranty and more extras to me it’s a no-brainer. But then I’m 35. About ten years back I had a CLK55.

If you don’t need the space/seats why not consider the other options - SL etc? Roof down you can enjoy the experience more? I always thought I’d progress to an SL55 when I had the CLK but now I’ve got kids the E-class AMG Wagons are a great compromise for me :cool:

To be honest both cars should be great fun, but if you’re young and want something a bit more sporty to drive out of those two you might prefer the C63, especially if it’s for the sound.

Thanks so far guys,

I need the 4 doors for parents and family duties.

So are we saying the E class (facelift model) will depreciate less over the next 12 months, and can be made to sound aggressive ?

That’s the summary indeed!

What’s the mileage and overall condition of the two cars - brakes, tyres etc, when are they due services?

No-one has a crystal ball for future values on these cars, in fairness the C63 you’re considering is £4k cheaper to begin with. But whatever they lose over that time they’re still going to be great cars to enjoy and at much lower levels of depreciation compared to when they were new/newer.

Buy whatever you think you’ll enjoy the most and don’t worry about it :)

Both cars are mint dealer forecourt condition and discs and tyres are new, ...the E63 does have a bigish service looming in 4 months time
The 13 reg C63 is Polar white with 37k miles
The 63 reg E63 is a special Matt silver/Grey colour with 34k miles

The C63 can be great fun but is a bit of a one trick pony. The E63 is a luxury saloon with ballistic performance. The E63 chassis is much more composed than the C63, but it’s still a big heavy car.

If your main buying criteria is future residual value, you’re looking at the wrong cars. If you want an “in your face” experience buy the C63; if you want a “family express” the E63 is much more capable.

The c63's amg make sure the brakes and discs are good as its a PPP car it will cost around 2k for them to be changed.

The e63 will hold its value better than the c63 because the w205 facelift is coming out and who knows what it will do to the w204 prices....

I'd be happy with both tbh if the E63 can be made to exhaust crackle and pop, I'd rather buy the one that will retain more of its purchase price come resale time.

The c63's amg make sure the brakes and discs are good as its a PPP car it will cost around 2k for them to be changed.

The e63 will hold its value better than the c63 because the w205 facelift is coming out and who knows what it will do to the w204 prices....

Front discs and pads on a PPP can now be had for £800. Rears just shy of £600.

Hi Jatboy, welcome!
I’ve not had any experience wit a C63, but I do have an E63s with center section resonator delete and it certainly turns heads when in Manual/Sport/Sport+ Mode. As others have said, the E-Class is a much more multifaceted tool than the C63 as it can be a quiet cruiser when you have the parents/family on board and then a ballistic missile when the mood suits. It takes a while to get into an E-Class but when you do, you will find it very rewarding :)
I don’t think either car will disappoint, but I think the E will give you more in return and at resale time too.
Why not try to get the service in on the deal to swing the E-Class sale. You never know your luck........

I'd be happy with both tbh if the E63 can be made to exhaust crackle and pop, I'd rather buy the one that will retain more of its purchase price come resale time.
One un expected repair or additional maintenance item will neutralise the difference in depreciation, so just go for the one you like best. If you can afford both cars then life is to short to buy the car which might possibly maybe retain the most value.

On the E63 I got £500 off the price and 4 new tyres discount as part of the deal. The seller won't help with the service financially as still 120 days showing on the onboard comp. He seems not too desperate to sell due to the high spec and long warranty

On the E63 I got £500 off the price and 4 new tyres discount as part of the deal. The seller won't help with the service financially as still 120 days showing on the onboard comp. He seems not too desperate to sell due to the high spec and long warranty
Are both cars in the same dealership?
If not, you might be able to play one against each other? Just a thought ;)

Both cars are mint dealer forecourt condition and discs and tyres are new, ...the E63 does have a bigish service looming in 4 months time
The 13 reg C63 is Polar white with 37k miles
The 63 reg E63 is a special Matt silver/Grey colour with 34k miles

Linky???

I think I am now leaning more towards the E63 based on the comments on here, so thanks for your contribution.

I have another question about the wheels on this car, but started a new thread for that question.

Thanks again for helping me with the choice. :)

You state you want fun and theatre and favour the e63, wrong decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom