2013 Scottish Grub Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LTD

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Polo GTi (and a travel pass for the train and subway)
Righto - let's try and get started again.

2012 saw some fine evenings with great food and better company.

I propose a curry at a great restaurant to start things off. Sometime in March that suits the attendees.

The restaurant is the Yadgar in Govanhill, Glasgow. It's about as 'native' as you'll get in Glasgow and the food is excellent.

March Curry at the Yadgar - date to be confirmed

1. LTD (Can't do the 19th and would prefer to avoid Tuesdays or Thursdays)

I'm in.

Sounds good to me, so count me in. Can't do 27th or 28th March, but otherwise should be OK.

1) LTD
2) HB
3) D-18

Quick update.

Ian F (flanaia1) is checking his diary for suitable dates as he is in Canada at the moment. A Yorkshireman that has been native in Glasgow before and loved it.

Harry favours a huge lamb karahi if we muster enough willing troops and I am certainly not going to doubt this choice as it is MAGNIFICENT.

Is it wrong that I am already salivating at the prospect of a great start to the 2103 Scottish Food Extravaganza ?

Just heard back from Ian F. Wednesday 27th March is good for him as he will be up here.

I know that doesn't suit Lawrence but I'm more than sure we'll work something out for that in due course. I'm more than happy for an excuse to enjoy a curry :D

So, without further ado ..

Wednesday 27th March 2013, Yadgar Restaurant, Glasgow

1. LTD
2. Ian F (flanaia1)

Does that date work for you Harry ?

Any other member is more than welcome - it's great food. Just add your name to the list.

Can't make that date guys as I'm working away, but I'll console myself that I hope to pay a visit to one of the many establishments in Birmingham's 'Balti Belt'.

I drive 250 miles for a curry and you lot bog off elsewhere, charming :D If you want to switch dates I'll check my diary as I think I'm up week of 8th April as well, will confirm tomorrow when I get in the office :thumb:

Les do it when we're all together. That's the real point. So lets work it out like that.

Les do it when we're all together. That's the real point. So lets work it out like that.

OK.

Let's raincheck for now and get our dates sorted out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom