Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
feels too bulky and heavy when inside it...

73.. wow.. lol ;)

yes i agree, it is not a sports car, more a Grand tourer of some nature, but it just oozes class and sophistication.. don't ya think.. even the dash was a pleasant design albeit off centred..

Its nowhere as bad as the W140 dashboard which looks like its from 2 different cars though is it? :)

Mercedes%20-%20W207%20-%20Carbon%20Fiber%20Dash%20Inserts%20Titanium%20%28W207-84839%29.jpg

My god that dash is horrid..George..

Its nowhere as bad as the W140 dashboard which looks like its from 2 different cars though is it? :)

Mercedes%20-%20W207%20-%20Carbon%20Fiber%20Dash%20Inserts%20Titanium%20(W207-84839).jpg

That makes me feel awkward just looking at it.
It is sort of like looking a train wreck, you want to look away but just how horrid it is make you look back for more. :wallbash:

Videos: :bannana:

[YOUTUBE]lLijsOazrLs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]rC8yUpKKs9I[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]f6fXW04yRNo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]oAPdRKsfjPU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]GHx6CQ3OlP8[/YOUTUBE]

I love the interior. Wow.

Exterior is very "derivative". Side profile of a R230 with a 204 style front end with a CLS rear.

I'd have one. With a diesel engine, because I am tight.

stunning car

2 points only

1. front headlamps does not compliment rest of car.. wifey said it has peugeot style front lights.. she has a point
2. the mis-aligned sat nav screen...

apart from this, it looks lovely!

stunning car

2 points only

1. front headlamps does not compliment rest of car.. wifey said it has peugeot style front lights.. she has a point
2. the mis-aligned sat nav screen...

apart from this, it looks lovely!

I cant say I agree with you about the dashboard. theres been far worst dash crimes in the past by MB (as seen earlier in this thread) but I do agree with you on the headlights, they look slightly odd.

In that last video he walks up to the boot and opens it with his foot with what looks like a hidden button - that has to be the best idea ever! Is this a new feature with Mercedes, or have I just missed it until now?

In that last video he walks up to the boot and opens it with his foot with what looks like a hidden button - that has to be the best idea ever! Is this a new feature with Mercedes, or have I just missed it until now?

Yeah I thought that, not really gonna work when your carrying an extremely heavy object though is it? :D

My god that dash is horrid..George..

That makes me feel awkward just looking at it.
It is sort of like looking a train wreck, you want to look away but just how horrid it is make you look back for more. :wallbash:

Hey... it's not bad, KillerHERTZ just found the worst trim he could. In Black Birds Eye Maple it looks very very classy, very very nice and is in my opinion perfect. I'll upload a photo to my album showing the dash some time (though I'm going abroad tomorrow).

Back on topic, the car looks lovely - apart from the headlights I can't fault it. Stands out much more than the bland ones from the 2000s.

This is a better dash picture instead of the rubbish carbon wrap. But it still looks like the top half of the dash is from a different car then the bottom half.

The centre vents dont line up with... the centre of the car!

d33589bb118c.jpg

This is a better dash picture instead of the rubbish carbon wrap. But it still looks like the top half of the dash is from a different car then the bottom half.

The centre vents dont line up with... the centre of the car!

Because the steering wheel's so damned big! Isn't that what youngsters call modern design? Still, my centre vents don't work (car taken in tomorrow to have that put right over christmas :D) so I can pretend they're not there!

Still, it's a timeless car just like the SL will be. I have a feeling people in 50 years will be fighting over the few surviving examples, almost like now with the 1955 300SL Gullwing

Apart from the misaligned air vents/centre dash, that interior is certainly appealing. Just watched the video and the roof open/close control cover, the leg under car to open the boot, just wow, nice simple touches but wow...

The w140 dash misalignment is more appealing as the mis alignment is so accentuated , that it looks like a proper design theme..

with this new sl, the screen and air vent mis alignment looks so subtle, it looks almost like a mis match, thats all

I love it, it's like a baby SLS :)

I don't see any SLS in the SL at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom