2013 SL Prototype Spy Shots

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
2013 SL Prototype Spy Shots Lower and wider, 400kW possible...​

Just as the Mercedes-Benz McLaren SLR inspired the current SLK's design lines, the SLS AMG will do the same for the next SLK. From these new spy pictures of a prototype it seems the upcoming SL follows suit. Although still hidden under thick black camouflage the front end looks similar to the previously-spied SLK.

Rough styling comparisons between the incumbent and this replacement show the next car sits lower and has a wider body. Mercedes-Benz will adopt lighter body construction materials such as aluminium to help keep weight down. The exterior will have LED lights at the front and rear while the xenon/ bi-xenon headlights will carry corner illumination technology.

The interior is said to closely resemble that of the SLS AMG and the next-generation CLS-Class. It will feature comfort creatures like Bluetooth connectivity, USB ports, an updated COMAND system, seats with electronically-adjustable lumbar support and a 7-speed dual-clutch gearbox.

Expected engines include the current 285kW (387hp) 5.5-litre V8 and the rumoured 4.0-litre twin turbo V8 with over 400kW (544hp).

The new SL will start selling in 2012 as a 2013 model and join other Mercedes-Benz sports cars like the SLK, the E-Class Coupe, the upcoming S-Class Coupe, the SLS AMG and the whispered C-Class Coupe.

2716239.jpg

7829336.jpg

8117538.jpg

1776414.jpg

9577243.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice. I only hope that Mercedes don't do what Audi have done: clone the same front to all of their cars and end up with a Bland Image rather than a Brand Image. I guess it will have those (in my opinion) awful Audi-esque bling christmas tree lights on the front...

I hope its not going to be as flat as that cladding makes it look at the front, such a smooth body shape would look really odd with a flat nose...

Do you think he's using winter tyres? Are they worth it? :D

if i start playing the lottrery now...

Bonnet looks a bitch to polish ........

Interior looks very closely styled to the SLS with those vents.

The interior look like it will be lovely, though the outside is looking more like a facelift, than an entirely new model.

I really hate those Lexus style exhausts :ban: :ban: , the whole MB range have them now except the face lift V12 S-Class.

Quite shocked at the new SL picture, it looks like a ugly Audi.

VERY disappointed with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom