2013 sl63 abc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

boyboy9191

Car
SL63
i have got an R231 2013 SL63 with 40,000km

When i bought the SL there is the ABC malfunction warning but it comes on and off.

In the center display screen showing the ABC and G force, during driving i can see the ABC indicator beside the wheel will have the red column showing ABC is active by going up and down

I was ask by the Dealer that the ABC pump and ECU need tobe replaced in which i did.

After all the expensive repairs, the ABC screen in the center console whereby the ABC indicator is not moving even during driving.

But when i engaged the vehicle lift, the ABC indicator shows the car is lifting as the red column indictor will move.

Went back to the dealer and told me that this is normal that the ABC indicator will not move during driving.

Can someome give some advice is this normal?

Maybe can email me some video of the screen during driving as i cant find in youtube so i can argue with the dealer.

Sent from my SM-T825Y using Tapatalk

I will try and remember to have a look at mine before it goes. I am nit sure I can video and drive though.

Steve

I'm not fully sure I understand which ABC indicator you mean?
The ride hight only changes when you alter the suspension settings..... I've not took that much notice of that gimmicky screen to be honest!

Mat8n - The ABC indicator is the four red column beside the wheel as per attached photo.

Steve-it would be helpful if you can video during driving so i can argue with the dealer as my ABC indicator is always the same as per picture no matter driving condition and the dealer told me it is normal.
9ceaaee2ff6f8a06fe8eebedac51d4f1.jpg

My four red columns have bigger red blocks than yours?

20170820_161913.jpg

There's mine

20170820_161913.jpg

There's mine
Mat8n

Was that during driving without the front lift on high level?

When you drive the red column would be going up and down especially on uneven road?

Yes, the red bars dance around when it's moving along, it's in comfort mode so it sits a bit higher, in sports mode it drops down but the red bars are still there.

Sorry, I have not been using the car much recently. I was out in it yesterday (on my own, so I could not video it) but I can confirm that the indicators do change as the car goes across uneven surfaces (more so in Sport than in Comfort).

If you still need a video, I will drag her indoors out to do the camera work.

Regards

Steve

Also, the "Hi - Lo" meter on the left hand side alters for Sport and Comfort (with Sport being just below the zero).

Sorry, I have not been using the car much recently. I was out in it yesterday (on my own, so I could not video it) but I can confirm that the indicators do change as the car goes across uneven surfaces (more so in Sport than in Comfort).

If you still need a video, I will drag her indoors out to do the camera work.

Regards

Steve
Dear Steve,

Please do help take a video so i can proof to the dealer that they are misleading by telling me the red indicator does not move is normal.

Thanks in advance for all the Help

Hi boyboy9191, is there a way you can PM me with your email address and I will send you the video requested.

Cheers

Steve

No worries, sorry it took a few days.

Good luck in getting it sorted.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom