2013 Viano Interior Lights don’t work

RWarren

Car
2013 Viano 3.2CDi Ambiente
Hi all, new to this but hoping someone here might be able to help me.
My Viano went into the garage last week for a new alternator belt and pulley. When it came back, the interior lights no longer work and I can’t see why. I have checked the fuse under the passenger seat and the one in the main fuse box under the bonnet and they seem fine. To confirm, the rear lights work from the button on the dash, but nothing happens when you unlock the vehicle or open any doors. Also, and I suspect key, while I have control of the rear heating from the roof console, I have no lights in any of the other switches on that console which control the lights or the alarm sensor bypass switches. This makes me think it is a power issue.
Please does anyone here have any ideas where I should look next? The fuse tables seem quite vague really. I’ve checked the sockets and wiring behind the roof console and they seem fine. Might need to get my multi-meter out next. Thanks ever so much in advance,
Richard

m80

MB Enthusiast
Car
Vito 115 Lwb Dualiner.
Do they switch on individually?

Does it fail to switch them to automatic by the lower section of the dash switch?
The LED on that should be off for automatic switching (doors, and unlock).

Then, in case the SAM has got confused you could try disconnecting the battery for perhaps 30 seconds.

The fuse under the seat won't have any part, although fuse 18 (25A) is for the overhead panel. That's top right.

Fuse 23 on Fuse bank 35 should be the one.

Attachments

• Viano Fuse Board.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 3

m80

MB Enthusiast
Car
Vito 115 Lwb Dualiner.
If you are going to check at the lights there should be a permanent 12volts +ve, it is the -ve that's switched, for the general lighting, the map lights and the ambient lighting.

OP
OP
R

RWarren

Car
2013 Viano 3.2CDi Ambiente
Dear M80
Thank you so much for all that. Interesting because my fuse guide has the interior lighting as fuse 23 on bank 34 (which doesn’t exist anyway). I love that fuse chart, have printed a copy for future reference.
So I have now checked the right fuse 23 but still no joy. Will try disconnecting the battery later this afternoon and report back. Will also check voltage at the lights at the same time.

m80

MB Enthusiast
Car
Vito 115 Lwb Dualiner.
Do they switch on individually?

Does it fail to switch them to automatic by the lower section of the dash switch?
The LED on that should be off for automatic switching (doors, and unlock).

My chart assumes your fuse board to be the same as mine, and the same functions are wired out to .
There were 2 versions on earlier models. It's worth checking that the A639 number is the same, that's embossed into the middle of the board.

The problem with disconnecting the battery is that some functions will require normalising.
Make sure electric sliding doors are closed.
Windows will need to do a full cycle down /up.
Steering may need full travel left /right.

The fuse enclosure can be awkward for some to close properly, be sure on that one if moisture gets in the SAM doesn't last long. And I have seen a fuse enclosure distorted by heat, so doesn't seal. There's just too much electronics in there to be casual with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom