2013 W212 E63 AMG - coding OS mirror to dip when reversing?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AlexM

Car
W212 E63 AMG Saloon
As per title, is it possible to code the reversing wing mirror dipping function to work on BOTH wing mirrors rather than just the nearside as it the default?.

Do you know how this is done, and who could do it if it possible?

Regards,
Alex

Last edited:
As far as I know it's not possible. I have searched through menus and user manual but never found anything.

Ant.

I'm making an assumption that it is selectable via coding for either LHD/RHD, and maybe both, but not as a user selectable function. Actually this may not be possible as the memory setting would need to hold two positions for the mirrors.

It's an annoyance as I just as often park on my street or in my driveway and need to see the position of the offside rear wheel.

Thanks - I can't make your link work Can you repeat what this version of the manual says on the subject?

I've re-read the online manual and it only refers to the passenger side mirror. I cannot seem to program a position for the driver's side mirror in reverse, so I presume it cannot be done, hence the question about coding to make it possible or am I missing something?

Thanks and best regards,
Alex

I'd guess that it's a regional coding thing, i.e. code the car for the UK and the left-hand mirror dips, code it for Germany and the right-hand mirror dips. The problem comes in that one cannot have two regions coded at the same time?

There may well also be differences in door control modules but that would seem an expensive parts stock problem.

I suppose the current situation comes about because one shouldn't park on the side of the road facing oncoming traffic?

If anyone would know if this is possible it would be Richard at Comand.co.uk

Last edited:
Can the passenger mirror be made to dip on mine then? 2010 c class.

Oh......I don't.....whats IIRC???

I'd guess that it's a regional coding thing, i.e. code the car for the UK and the left-hand mirror dips, code it for Germany and the right-hand mirror dips. The problem comes in that one cannot have two regions coded at the same time?

There may well also be differences in door control modules but that would seem an expensive parts stock problem.

I suppose the current situation comes about because one shouldn't park on the side of the road facing oncoming traffic?

If anyone would know if this is possible it would be Richard at Comand.co.uk

Yes, I think that's probably right - mirror assignment is likely associated with RHD/LHD coding. It's a shame because the W212 E has a high beltline and with the AMG buckets it is actually quite difficult to even look out of the Window to sight your rear wheel on the offside. I usually need to do this when reversing into my drive or parking spaces with a raised kerb on the driver's side. Probably easiest to dip the mirror manually and use the memory function to re-position it - it's just a bit of a faff.

I shall consult Richard @ command and see what they say.

Thanks and regards,
Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom