2014 c63 needs new tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stevie1982

Car
2014 C63 AMG
Sure it's been done to death just the search option on my LG doesn't work. Need to replace all 4 and it currently has the 19" wheel upgrade. They have fitted what comes from the factory which is the

Continental sports 5's I think, are these the best or have you got any other recommendations. Used to run Vredestein Sessanta on all of my previous impreza's so who runs what?

Thanks in advance

I have Goodyear Eagle F1's on my C63 all round, no issues so far with them! I am personally a Falken fan, never tried them on these but that is what I would go for!

Also side question, the car has only covers 6700 miles, is this normal use age or wear

And thanks mate I'll check some prices out

Personally would suggest MPSS and also heard good things of the MPS4 which should be almost on par with the MPSS according to Michelin.

For ultimate grip in the dry - Michelin Pilot Super Sports
For all weather solid grip - Goodyear Eagle F1's

Not to say MPSS are terrible in the wet, but the F1's certain feel more stable

MPSS personally. I'm also on the 19" and may consider trying the 265 rear next.
6-8K on rears is considered good :)

For ultimate grip in the dry - Michelin Pilot Super Sports
For all weather solid grip - Goodyear Eagle F1's

Not to say MPSS are terrible in the wet, but the F1's certain feel more stable

+1

Am currently on MPSS. Excellent all round!

I replaced my rear tyres (Conti) with MPSS a little while ago.
They are certainly less noisy than the conti's.
As for wet conditions, I can't say anything bad about them, they seem to break traction just as easily as the conti's did

So MPSS seem to be getting the votes over the conti's

Anyone else?

I need to replace mine at the end of the month. Gonna go for MPSS all round.

If anyone can suggest any cheaper suppliers/fitters etc, then crack on :)

Sure it's been done to death just the search option on my LG doesn't work. Need to replace all 4 and it currently has the 19" wheel upgrade. They have fitted what comes from the factory which is the

Continental sports 5's I think, are these the best or have you got any other recommendations. Used to run Vredestein Sessanta on all of my previous impreza's so who runs what?

Thanks in advance

Stick with what it left from factory,been tried and tested by who knows best about AMG.

Also side question, the car has only covers 6700 miles, is this normal use age or wear

And thanks mate I'll check some prices out

Just part exchanged my C63. I put Goodyear's all round this time last year and they had covered 8,397 miles with approx 60% LEFT! Yes you read that right 60% left!

I dont do burn outs or track days obviously and I would say the usage split of the 8400 miles is 30% motorway and 70 country roads / towns.

Never had them slip in the wet either.

I know what will be goung on the E63 when the time comes :bannana:

I've had my c63 since new so I will give you my opinion & it has had Eurocharged remap since new (525bhp)

Fronts should last at least 12k min & the rears 5k min

Yokos - It came with great tyre but doesn't last two long

Michelin PSS - I know a few people have them but I fitted 4 to mine and this tyre doesn't work well on the c63. Its too soft and yes I drive the car how its meant to be driven and I could feel the back end moving on the tyres. I honestly do not recommend these for this car.

Conti's - Good tyre, most road noise, not as good grip as the Yokos, supposed to last pretty long.

After having them three I will go back to Yokos when ive gone through the Conti's

Try sport contact 6 conti

Stick with what it left from factory,been tried and tested by who knows best about AMG.

You say that and completely see your point just I'm currently at the dealers collecting the 63 so thought I'd have a nose about and all the latest AMG's in this show room are currently running either

Michelin pilot sport 3 - S63 AMG
Michelin pilot super sport (mo) - AMG GTS

To name a couple, looks like the AMG boys have changed their minds

On MPSS myself, in the dry they are exceptional. In the warm wet they are pretty good.

However, cold and wet they fall down in my experience. I think there are better all round weather tyres available.

I don't really push my car in the cold and wet so it never bothers me but when I have the MPSS have not impressed me.

Phil, what yokos did you have on it? And thanks for the informative response

Phil, what yokos did you have on it? And thanks for the informative response

I will check in morning for you, Ive got two worn ones left over in the garage ready for another burnout

I will check in morning for you, Ive got two worn ones left over in the garage ready for another burnout

Brilliant thanks bud

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom