2014 CL500 adjusting headlamp aim for France

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jakdor

Car
CL500 Blue Efficiency & E320 V6 estate & Range Rover Vogue
Evening all.... I am about to go to France in my CL and was wondering about headlamp aim. Given how sophisticated she is (I'm sure she'll make me toast if only I can find the right command...) and the fact that the headlights are pretty fantastic, I'm wondering if there is an automatic way of adjusting them for left hand drive without the need for horrid stickers...

On a broader note, I've stepped from a CE320 (1990) to an E Class 320 estate (2000) and now to the CL Blue efficiency (2014)(with a performance chip) and am probably way to smug for my own good. I've tried the Bentley - big unwieldy thirsty - won't touch BMW - they fall apart - and various others and always come back to Merc.... This car is a beast but so delicate...even with reasonably vigorous driving she returns early 30s fuel and the acceleration is just sublime... no fuss, no noise just pure whoomph.... I'm in love and I don't care who knows.....

Anyway, some help on the above would be most appreciated..

Evening all.... I am about to go to France in my CL and was wondering about headlamp aim. Given how sophisticated she is (I'm sure she'll make me toast if only I can find the right command...) and the fact that the headlights are pretty fantastic, I'm wondering if there is an automatic way of adjusting them for left hand drive without the need for horrid stickers...

On a broader note, I've stepped from a CE320 (1990) to an E Class 320 estate (2000) and now to the CL Blue efficiency (2014)(with a performance chip) and am probably way to smug for my own good. I've tried the Bentley - big unwieldy thirsty - won't touch BMW - they fall apart - and various others and always come back to Merc.... This car is a beast but so delicate...even with reasonably vigorous driving she returns early 30s fuel and the acceleration is just sublime... no fuss, no noise just pure whoomph.... I'm in love and I don't care who knows.....

Anyway, some help on the above would be most appreciated..

On the CL the headlamps are adjustable on the MB STAR diagnostic tool. Well they are on mine but maybe call them to confirm.

My 2013 c class has a setting in the instrument cluster to change the side that the lights shine on. Have a look in settings. Hope you find a solution.

You don't need to use the Star.

Yes you can adjust the headlights from your comand and you can also change your mph speedo to km/h. I can on mine and i cant see any difference as mine is a AMG 63.

Definitely a setting in the instrument cluster to change them on a CL500 BE.

Ask me how I know... :D

You don't need to use the Star.

Yes you can adjust the headlights from your comand and you can also change your mph speedo to km/h. I can on mine and i cant see any difference as mine is a AMG 63.

That'll teach me never to accept at face value anything told by MB service :(

Thank you all..... I sat in her this morning and ventured for a wander through the myriad of commands and ..... found not only the headlamp aim but also the K/ms transfer.... along with other interesting things.... but still looking for the toast command.....

Am going to spend the weekend with the manual and explore some more which, quite obviously, I've not done ..... Have also found a company that can take the rather average HK sound system to another level...interface compatible, amps, speakers, sound proofing etc ....which is nice. I think I'm going to enjoy the 1000kms drive down south.

anyway, thank you all again.....

For anyone else wanting to know, it's under the Settings menu / Page 350 in the manual (which is in between the rear seats in the arm rest storage).

Have also found a company that can take the rather average HK sound system to another level...interface compatible, amps, speakers, sound proofing etc ....which is nice. I think I'm going to enjoy the 1000kms drive down south.

anyway, thank you all again.....

Which company just out of interest?

Comand is Daan Saaf :D

For anyone else wanting to know, it's under the Settings menu / Page 350 in the manual (which is in between the rear seats in the arm rest storage).

Hi John, They are called Audiofile incar Ltd and based in Bishops Stortford - Have done some extensive research and they seem to be the ONLY people who can work with the Mercedes interface. Am in conversation with them regarding the upgrade and think the costs are in the region of £2k - £2.5k

Am getting my quote next Monday so I'll give you the heads up then

Did you try Comand ? They are an official trader on the Forum and are highly recommended :)

Hi C43

I found the setting, thank you tho..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom