2014 Cls 250 cdi blueefficiency amg sport suspension

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nacf66

Car
2014 cls 250 cdi blueefficiency amg sport
Hi, I bought a 2014 cls 250 cdi blueefficiency amg sport and want to have it lowered. I don't know what suspension is and if its a big job? I think my car is the w218 but not sure about the c218 any advice please

The C218 (CLS) is based on tbe W212 (E-Class).

'C' stands for Coupe, 'W' stands for Wagon (saloon).

The C218 is also sometimes referred to as 'W218', though strictly speaking, that's incorrect.

As for lowering... the gold standard (for road use) is Eibach springs with Bilstein dampers.

I want to have my car lowered but not sure of the suspension?

I've bought the eibach springs but is it a big job

I've bought the eibach springs but is it a big job

Changing springs and dampers? Not really. The fronts are MacPherson struts so will require appropriate tools and a workshop bench (home garage is OK). The rears are easier to do. Have you ever done this before?

No my brother I law is a mechanic and wanting him to fit them. So ido i need more than just the springs?

Ideally you'll replace the dampers as well, for best results.

And also, replace any suspension component that is found suspicious, while you're there... possible culprits are drop links, strut top rubber bushes and bearing, etc, these are all things that need to be inspected and replaced if worn.

Ideally you'll replace the dampers as well, for best results.

And also, replace any suspension component that is found suspicious, while you're there... possible culprits are drop links, strut top rubber bushes and bearing, etc, these are all things that need to be inspected and replaced if worn.
OK thanks for your help

Depends on how many miles the originals have done ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom