2014 e-class auto gearbox oil and filter change - where to - Milton Keynes area

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

waflo

Car
E250 coupe
Hi folks,

I am looking for recommendation of trusted garage who could change an oil on my auto gearbox.
Genuine service kit cost 135gbp from Mercedes (all included, also bolts). Autclassgarage price it for 285gbp (150quid for an hour of labour!?!)

Can you recommend any other garage who could do it in fair price? I do not mind to travel with 20mil radius.

cheers

Tom

Hi folks,

I am looking for recommendation of trusted garage who could change an oil on my auto gearbox.
Genuine service kit cost 135gbp from Mercedes (all included, also bolts). Autclassgarage price it for 285gbp (150quid for an hour of labour!?!)

Can you recommend any other garage who could do it in fair price? I do not mind to travel with 20mil radius.

cheers

Tom
That sounds very cheep for the fluid, filter and bolts.

How much fluid have you bought?

You need to drain the torque converter to do a proper job, mine used nearly 9 litres. You then need to buy a torque converter drain plug and washer, new magnets as mine only had one fitted, and a new overflow pipe.
So your more likely cost would be £160 plus for a proper job, I would have thought it would take more than an hour as well.

Bought 6l here:

Thinking to drain from the sump...as none of garages I spoke with doing dynamic change from converter.

I don't understand why they don't drain the TC, it's easy to do.
You still drain majority of the fluid from the sump, the TC drain is next to it, you just remove the Aux pump first.
I did mine last year.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Geoffus thank you for video. I have seen few on YT but did not come across yours....
Tempted to do it myself (as most of others jobs on my cars)

Geoffus thank you for video. I have seen few on YT but did not come across yours....
Tempted to do it myself (as most of others jobs on my cars)
Hardest part is getting the car high enough and level, everything else is straight forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom