2014 E Class convertible leaking roof w207

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bluewing26

Car
2014 E350 BlueTec Sport Convertible
Hi
I am sure this has been discussed before but i couldn't find the solution for this yet.
My 2014 Mercedes E class convertible seem to collect water in the corners of the plastic trim which covers the header rail inside the car.
See video of my issue here:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sills are dry, drains are clear and so i can't figure out how water get in there.

Has anyone got a clue of where water is coming in from? Has anyone experienced this issue before?

Many thanks in advance.

Maybe it's coming in through the material itself? Have you sealed the canvas roof recently?

Did mine with Fabsil Gold

Thank you for your tip.
Do you think this will stop the water penetrating the roof? I previously owned a BMW e46 330Ci & CLK 350 convertibles and never experienced this issue which needed sealing the roof. Is this common issue with the w207's?

I used almost the whole 1Ltr of Fabsil Gold on my roof and it seems to have done the trick. Thank you for your advice!

I used almost the whole 1Ltr of Fabsil Gold on my roof and it seems to have done the trick. Thank you for your advice!
Cheers, hope it keeps you dry.

I too used gallons of Fabsil on a recent BMW convertible to seal it as it works a treat.... I brushed on loads and let it all dry in the summer last year then put about 3 coats of spray Fabsil on too..... never leaked a drop after that.... Great stuff
Mercedes also make the seal rejuvinator liquid (Krytox) that comes in a small bottle and circa £45 (Mercedes prices) - expensive but this stuff brings all seals back to life, its very good... I've done every seal on my SL55 and it really does work... Not sure where you are in the UK, but happy to meet up if localish and do for/with you as it doesnt take much on each car.

Cheers Greg

That is very kind of you Greg! I live in Somerset so about a couple of hours drive from where you are i guess. Still, what a lovely kind person you are. If you are however passing down the A303 to the southwest, give me a shout :)

I too used gallons of Fabsil on a recent BMW convertible to seal it as it works a treat.... I brushed on loads and let it all dry in the summer last year then put about 3 coats of spray Fabsil on too..... never leaked a drop after that.... Great stuff
Mercedes also make the seal rejuvinator liquid (Krytox) that comes in a small bottle and circa £45 (Mercedes prices) - expensive but this stuff brings all seals back to life, its very good... I've done every seal on my SL55 and it really does work... Not sure where you are in the UK, but happy to meet up if localish and do for/with you as it doesnt take much on each car.

Cheers Greg
Is this the stuff you used on your seals?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom