2014 E class retrofit reversing camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steveteare

Car
E250 AMG Sport Estate
Just landed a great 2nd hand E250 estate however it didn't have a reversing camera and my wife really would like one. I've seen a few companies online and their displays differ as one has just blue guide lines and others show the yellow lines with static and turning lines. Can Mercedes fit this? If so then any ideas on cost? If not then which company does this group recommend that does a proper job. I'm in Oxfordshire.

Personally I wouldn't bother. I don't like them. The only time I ever reversed into a low post was in a 2011 Mitsubishi Lancer with factory fit reversing camera. The post was hiding in a position between the field of vision of the camera and the outside mirror.
Mercedes park assist is very good and I'm sure you have that fitted to your car.
If you still want to go ahead try www.motormods.co.uk.
They made a great job of fitting rear park assist ot a Mini Clubman a couple of years ago and do a lot of retro fit work for main dealers.

Last edited:
Definitely speak to the guys at command online. They fitted one to my CLS recently. I believe the type of guidance lines you get depends on what would have been the standard setup on your car/year. Alfie or Richard will be able to advise on what's possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just landed a great 2nd hand E250 estate however it didn't have a reversing camera and my wife really would like one. I've seen a few companies online and their displays differ as one has just blue guide lines and others show the yellow lines with static and turning lines. Can Mercedes fit this? If so then any ideas on cost? If not then which company does this group recommend that does a proper job. I'm in Oxfordshire.

We can do it for you as per factory. So its genuine parts throughout, installed as if it came from the factory with it. We also include the datacard update so its properly recorded with Mercedes themselves.

As the car is a model year 2014 you will get the guidelines that move with the steering wheel. This is an option that needs calibrating properly using Xentry which we of course include. Cost is £699 inc.

Hi Alfie, sorry for the late reply I have been in and out of hospital but thank fully light at the end of the tunnel. The price you quoted £699, which is what I've been quoted at MB Inchape Oxford , is there any discount for MB Forum? If so , what's the best price and then when can you do it?

Stephen

Hi Alfie, sorry for the late reply I have been in and out of hospital but thank fully light at the end of the tunnel. The price you quoted £699, which is what I've been quoted at MB Inchape Oxford , is there any discount for MB Forum? If so , what's the best price and then when can you do it?

Stephen

Yes we can do The forum discount, email me on [email protected] and Illl come back with a quotation for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom