2014 E class tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glyndawn

Car
mercedes c180
Hi all im after advice please
What tyres shall i put on the car to help in snow

Most makes of winter tyre except for the cheapest Chinese ones work well, or Michelin CrossClimates. Look for the snowflake in the mountain symbol to show it is designed for winter.

I have avon zz5 on the back and contact sport 3 on front
Need change the fronts very soon so do you recommed putting all season on the front ?

Youre meant to do all 4 . Be it summer ,winter or all season. Dont mix them. Also putting all season on the front wont help in snow givin that its rear wheel drive. If your gearing up for next winter . Id wait till maybe october and have 4 all seasons fitted then.

Have you considered a 2nd set of wheels with winter tyres?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Crossclimate 2’s on my E class, they are a brilliant tyre in damp/ice and light snow

Attachments

• 5A0830FD-E521-49D9-A08B-C8C9F3C557E3.jpeg
    5A0830FD-E521-49D9-A08B-C8C9F3C557E3.jpeg
    654.7 KB · Views: 5
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Is interesting

:)

I have Hankook,
They do both sizes for the standard staggered set up on 18s

Good All Season tyres are probably a more sensible bet (as in deep snow, an E class isn't a sensible vehicle anyway)

Good point, an E class possibly wouldn’t be your first choice for proper snow

:D
With winter tyres you can use an E class just as easily as any other car in snow. If the snow is so deep that you need extra ground clearance then you would be better off in a full size SUV with winter tyres, but that would be true for all cars without a raised ride height.

With winter tyres you can use an E class just as easily as any other car in snow. If the snow is so deep that you need extra ground clearance then you would be better off in a full size SUV with winter tyres, but that would be true for all cars without a raised ride height.

The relative lack of weight over the driving wheels do it no favours but you’re right in saying that the correct tyres make it useable (hence why I’ve got crossclimates and the Porsche is in the garage)

It’s a meteorological phenomenon (commonly referred to as ‘weather’) albeit usually restricted to the far north (up past Leeds for the English) and largely finished due to global warming.

wet weather tyres are a bigger issue nowadays

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom