2014 E250 W212 Headlight removal help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Daveuk

Car
A180 Sport & E250 AMG Sport
I've recently had my headlight replaced on my car due to it being damaged when i got the car only today have i noticed what a rubbish job Mercedes have done fitting it. The gaps are terrible and the bonnet actually hits the headlight lens when you shut it. Taking it back is not an option as i don't really fancy another 220mile round trip I've had a quick look around online and cant see anything but is it fairly straight forward to either take it out or get it loose enough to see if its just not seated right? I'm assuming the bumper will have to come off?

Attachments

• IMG_4431.JPG
    IMG_4431.JPG
    886.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4432.JPG
    IMG_4432.JPG
    862.6 KB · Views: 24
Yes its a bumper off job.
These two videos should help.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It may not be a bumper off job just to adjust the panel gaps for the headlamp.

I have attached the WIS proc for removing/installing a model year 2014 W212 headlamp (plus a picture of the gap locations).

In the middle of this proc (step 4) it has an installation note which states to only loosely fasten the 3 headlamp mounting screws as you may need to adjust the gaps after the bumper has been re-fitted. Implies to me you must be able to reach those screws with the bumper on.

Attachments

• AR82.10-P-4730EWM.pdf
    318.5 KB · Views: 81
  • AR60.00-P-0700-01EW.pdf
    281.8 KB · Views: 61
It may not be a bumper off job just to adjust the panel gaps for the headlamp.

I have attached the WIS proc for removing/installing a model year 2014 W212 headlamp (plus a picture of the gap locations).

In the middle of this proc it has an installation note which states to only loosely fasten the 3 headlamp mounting screws as you may need to adjust the gaps after the bumper has been re-fitted. Implies to me you must be able to reach those screws with the bumper on.

Excellent thanks, that sounds promising I’ll have a look on my laptop tomorrow at the PDF’s as only the 2nd one will open on my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just an update you can get to all 3 bolts and loosen them without removing the bumper unfortunately you can’t actually adjust the bottom one as you can’t get in with a spanner :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom