2014 e350 satnav

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Xpaced, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Xpaced

Xpaced New Member

Car:
    E240
    Hi

Recently purchased - Lovely car. All the options and I love it.

Only issue - SATNAV using the postcode takes me somewhere within 1-2 miles of the actual location. It tends to say journey complete at least 1/2 mile before actual end and one one occasion was 2 miles out.

Has anyone experienced this before? Any ideas how to fix or what might be causing the problem.

Thanks.

P.S Even my own house is 1/2 mile out?

2. OP
    OP
    Xpaced

Xpaced New Member

Car:
    E240
    Satnav

No ideas at all ? and am the only person to experience this issue with the SATNAV

3. markjay

markjay MB Club Veteran

Car:
    W204 C180 Executive SE 2013 Automatic / COMAND NTG4.7 and Morel speakers fitted by www.comand.co.uk
    Are you sure COMAND can see a proper number of satellites (it should see at least 4 or 5)?

Other than that, the only advice I can offer is updating both the maps and firmware on your COMAND unit? See also: www.comandonline.co.uk

4. tonysmb

tonysmb Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E350 CDi coupé, A150 (W169)
    In short, no, not experienced similar problems. Obviously it will generally take you to the centre of the postcode, which could cover quite a large area in rural places.

Is the car still within the free updates for 3 years? However, even if it's still the original version, it would normally be okay.

5. st13phil

st13phil MB Club Veteran

Car:
    His - Denim Blue A220 AMG Line Premium / Hers - Obsidian Black R172 SLK55
    When you say "even my own house is half a mile out" are you using the street and number in the address, or just the postcode?

As mentioned, postcodes can cover a relatively large area, but I wouldn't expect to be two miles off if I were using a full 7-digit postcode. Have you checked the number of satellites your unit can "see" as suggested above?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags: