2014 e350 satnav

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Xpaced

Car
E240
Hi

Recently purchased - Lovely car. All the options and I love it.

Only issue - SATNAV using the postcode takes me somewhere within 1-2 miles of the actual location. It tends to say journey complete at least 1/2 mile before actual end and one one occasion was 2 miles out.

Has anyone experienced this before? Any ideas how to fix or what might be causing the problem.

Thanks.

P.S Even my own house is 1/2 mile out?

Satnav

No ideas at all ? and am the only person to experience this issue with the SATNAV

Are you sure COMAND can see a proper number of satellites (it should see at least 4 or 5)?

Other than that, the only advice I can offer is updating both the maps and firmware on your COMAND unit? See also: www.comandonline.co.uk

In short, no, not experienced similar problems. Obviously it will generally take you to the centre of the postcode, which could cover quite a large area in rural places.

Is the car still within the free updates for 3 years? However, even if it's still the original version, it would normally be okay.

When you say "even my own house is half a mile out" are you using the street and number in the address, or just the postcode?

As mentioned, postcodes can cover a relatively large area, but I wouldn't expect to be two miles off if I were using a full 7-digit postcode. Have you checked the number of satellites your unit can "see" as suggested above?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom